Miscarriage Dreams?

Just1more2

Reaction score
Has anyone else had dreams where they miscarry? I have had 2 so far this pregnancy, one really early on and the other just last night.

Both of them involve me waking up from sleep to find myself bleeding profusely, and I just know that it's over. Last night I dreamed that I woke up to OH unfolding a towel for me to lay on saying "you're in labor!" but I got up to go to the bathroom and all there was was a TON of blood. I called my doc and she said that when I had my ultrasound it looked like the pregnancy wouldn't last.
But I had an ultrasound a week ago and everything looked perfect. Measuring a couple of days ahead with a strong 183bpm heartbeat.

These dreams leave me shaken and when I wake up I have a hard time convincing myself that I am still pregnant because of how vivid the dreams are.

Do any of you have these too, or can it be a sign that things will go wrong? I'm sure I am just being silly.

I am having the most vivid nightmares, too. I have a very hard time waking up from them because I still think that they're real. I haven't dreamed of having a miscarriage, but they're just as strong as you're describing. Must be hormones? Aren't we allowed to blame pretty much everything on those little suckers?

I'm so sorry you're having that nightmare over again. I don't believe these dreams hold any portents. I just make sure that I'm breathing easy, live in the moment now where I'm happily pregnant, and remind myself that it's just a dream.

So sorry you're going through that, it sounds horrifying! It is most likely all of your overt and covert anxieties about miscarriage coming out, in dream form. And not a sign of problems! I only had one miscarriage dream earlier on, but it was still crappy when I woke up from it. Now I have all other sorts of vivid and freaky dreams, but I seem to know in the dreams that I'm pregnant. I'm hoping the crazy dream thing dies down a bit in the second tri, but maybe that's wishful thinking! :)

I'm so sorry hun! I haven't had a miscarriage nightmare but recently had a dream of my dad dying and it scared me cause he'd been having some serious health problems.

I really think it's just because of the hormones now and our subconscious playing dirty tricks on us. Dreams can be deceiving cause I've dreamt that Tom Cruz was in love with me and it's been years and the guy never reached out to me... :p

I have one at least once a week :-/ they are terrible and so real. I'm hoping they get better in a few weeks when hormones aren't all over the place .

I have had a very vivid miscarriage dream too. It was awful. I'll spare everyone the details. So sorry you are having nightmares. I don't think it means anything will go wrong, just that we worry sooooo much!!

I just had a dream Tuesday night that I was out of town and started bleeding and blood was all over my pants and I never noticed. Freaked me out because I was away from home and sure I was miscarrying (in the dream). I had spotting with a bm that day, so of course I freaked out! I've been having a tiny bit of spotting with bms, and the nurse said not to worry, but this day was a bit more than I was comfortable with, and especially after having that dream! Had an emergency scan and baby was kicking me, and I felt it :) I wouldn't take the dream as something going wrong, even though it's hard not to. I invested in a doppler for this reason, and it's helped keep my anxiety down (although anxiety is still there).

I had a very realistic miscarriage dream. I dreamt that I went to the bathroom after announcing my pregnancy to everyone and there was blood in the toilet. I rushed to the ER and they told me I was going to miscarry. The worst part was that when I woke up, I really was soaked... but not in blood. I thought for a minute my water broke, however when I went to the bathroom immediately after, I didn't have much urine come out, not nearly as much as I do when I go other mornings. Apparently either my miscarriage dream was so frightening that I peed myself or involuntarily lost my bladder all over the bed, but either way it was embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->