Miscarriage Facts & Myths

Thanks so much for the insightfull information. Is great to hear that after having 3 successive miscarriages that i obviously have something wrong with me and should stop trying. Just what i need to hear really. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fro your such LOVELY heartfelt insensitivity

Hello there I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriages I am sure you are in a lot of pain. :hug:

I have read this section several times and I don't recall the part where it says you have something wrong with you and you should stop trying. Maybe you could point that out to me. Maybe your emotions are misreading the information?
I believe what the info is saying is that after 3 consecutive MC's they will start to do intense workups to see where the problem is, and what treatment they can do to help you have a successful pregnancy. But hey I could be wrong? Hope everything works out and you can find some answers.:hug:

Ok I think I have found the part you are talking about:
After three miscarriages in a row, you really should stop trying on your own. You clearly do have a problem, and you need to find it and see if it can be treated. This, of course, if only true if you have never had a healthy baby. If you have had children between the losses, the choice to test is up to you. Your problem, if you do have one, is obviously intermittent.

I can see where that would be misleading. But if you read it closely it dose state to stop trying on your own (meaning seek the help of a Doctor)
goodluck to you and again sorry for your losses xoxox

thanks for the info i'm trying to figure out if i had one, the color of the so called period(way darker blood and grayishness) and labour like pains make me think i did.pain i have never felt before in my 15 years of having periods.

hi hun thankyou so so much for all the info ive just found out yesterday im miscarrying my little angel ive had 3 eptopics in 4 years aswell the last time they removed my left fallopian tube so this time we thought everything would be fine but started spotting few days ago and got rushed in hospital due to my history they monitored my hcg levels which dropped every 48 hours and you were right as soon as they told me yesterday morning i was misscarrying everything went different by the teatime i was bleeding properley and passing tissue we are extremely devastated the eptopics seemed different to cope with because there was medical reasons for losing them but this misscarriage left me confused and convinced my chances of having another healthy pregnancy was over but after reading your info me and my husband have decided to try one last time soon as the time is right ive lost 4 little angels now but im hoping at 27 years old we can still have a healthy pregnancy im sorry for everyones losses and i wish you all the luck and happiness in future xxxxx

thank you wobbles..i had two miscarriages last year and i am dying to have a baby..your information has been very helpful..

hi - I have just noticed this thread. I find it very interesting and informative BUT there is not much info there about the medical management of miscarriage. In the 'Treatment' section you focus on Surgical and natural. Many people (including myself very recently) choose to have the Medical treatment using Mifepristone and misoprostol .

Is there any chance you could update it as when I was looking at my options I found it hard to get hold of useful information about the medical management of miscarriage.

Thanks for this thread Wobbles, I found it comforting to know that the feelings and thoughts I had were perfectly normal and that there was nothing I could have done differently.

Thanks for sharing the information and for presenting it in such a personable manner.

Thanks Wobbles, this is really great information for every woman who is going to be mom. If we know all these causes of miscarriage then the chances of miscarriage will be less. Hope every mother have healthy preganancy:happydance:

This information is really helpful, I can't remember much of what they told me at the hospital so reading this has really helped. Thank you!

hi - I have just noticed this thread. I find it very interesting and informative BUT there is not much info there about the medical management of miscarriage. In the 'Treatment' section you focus on Surgical and natural. Many people (including myself very recently) choose to have the Medical treatment using Mifepristone and misoprostol .

Is there any chance you could update it as when I was looking at my options I found it hard to get hold of useful information about the medical management of miscarriage.

Am willing to write something about what I know if it's at all useful?

Thank you for this. This is more info than I've received from the dr. I just went through my first miscarriage this past Saturday. They said it would be like a "really bad period". They were wrong. It was active labor. The pain near the end...I felt like I would die right there, or go insane from it. I wish someone had told me it could be that intense. I wasn't prepared at all. All I could do was scream on the floor of the ER, even with pain meds. It didn't go away until I passed everything. I was 14 weeks along, but the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. The craziest thing was that for five weeks I did not know and thought I was still pregnant and there was no progression. The natural miscarriage only progressed after I was told and had come to terms with everything (as best I could). Then it came on strong almost immediately. Odd how that happens.

Thank you again for this information. Now I know better what to expect.

Thank you for taking your time to write this thread for us. Very informative. :hugs:

Thanks, this is very nice. Let me just point out one thing that has annoyed me on this site, as on literally every other baby- and birth- and pregnancy-related site I've come across. You have absolutely no references to your claims. What are your sources? Please add a link to a study that has been performed, a published paper in a scientific journal or likewise. Without that, what you call myth and truth is just your opinion.

I have the strong impression that a lot of the "information" one finds on these sites is just copied from elsewhere. In the best case, the actual origin might have been some book or an advice somebody got from a doctor, but it could as well have been an urban legend.

Hey :) the source is given in the last post of information - "Source: pregnancyloss.info"

I've been too scared to google advice in case I freaked myself out, but this thread has been incredibly useful for me to read here where I feel 'safe' :)

xxx

Thank you so much Wobbles, this was very helpful information.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"