Miscarriage Facts & Myths

Although this information is very helpful, and reassures me that its not my fault, it doesnt change the fact I'm terrified to try again. I know other women have gone through many losses, more than me, I would have assumed 1 MC as a 1/10 thing. But two MCs? I am labeling myself as TTC although I'm waiting for AF to show up before I do...
Life is a game of chance & patience.

As you can see from my post before this I've also had 2 m/c's both very different from each other. The first was at 7 weeks and spontaneous, the 2nd was a missed m/c at 12 weeks baby only measuring 9w5d with no heartbeat and I had a d&c. Inbetween these two I gave birth at 39w1d to a beautiful little girl :) I'm sorry for your losses but there is so much hope. I'm 8 months in TTC no2 and I'm terrified too that I'll have another loss, but I know it's possible to have a baby even though you have had multiple losses so stay strong and if you ever need to speak to someone feel free to pm on here.

Although this information is very helpful, and reassures me that its not my fault, it doesnt change the fact I'm terrified to try again. I know other women have gone through many losses, more than me, I would have assumed 1 MC as a 1/10 thing. But two MCs? I am labeling myself as TTC although I'm waiting for AF to show up before I do...
Life is a game of chance & patience.

As you can see from my post before this I've also had 2 m/c's both very different from each other. The first was at 7 weeks and spontaneous, the 2nd was a missed m/c at 12 weeks baby only measuring 9w5d with no heartbeat and I had a d&c. Inbetween these two I gave birth at 39w1d to a beautiful little girl :) I'm sorry for your losses but there is so much hope. I'm 8 months in TTC no2 and I'm terrified too that I'll have another loss, but I know it's possible to have a baby even though you have had multiple losses so stay strong and if you ever need to speak to someone feel free to pm on here.

Thank you, I know I still have to have hope. I'm sorry for your losses but I am happy for your wonderful blessing! Maybe someday I'll be able to share my own blessing with other women who go through this. Thank you for your reply :)

This sticky was really helpful and informative. This is my first loss so I assume is natural to try to get a ton of information on what just happened to me. I actually had a natural miscarriage, baby came out intact inside the sac, like I passed the sac with no blood, no clots, just all by it self. It was actually comforting to see the baby and see the reason why my heart aches and my body went through something hard. I know we will try again but DH and I have talked and decided to take things as they come.

Just wanted to add my thanks for this thread & the information in it. Like others, I've found it most useful having just started to miscarry at 5 weeks. I'd been to the drs but wasn't given any information on what to expect. Thanks.

Thank you. This has been the worst and most horrifying experience of my life. And yet I want to try again because I gave birth to a beautiful perfect son before all of this happened. Am terrified as well as I don't think I could live through that again.

This is amazing and so so helpful!! Thank you so so much Wobbles. I didn't get AF for nearly 11 weeks after my bleeding stopped (natural mc after diagnosed mmc - bled for 19 days in all)...

I was getting so worried. Then on cd 106 I got a +OPK. I had a donation and ovulated a whole 3 days after that :/ Suddenly 9dpo AF arrived and she was heavy as heck!! Lasted 6 days as opposed to my usual 4. I am now on cd10 and have started testing with OPK's...I just hope I don't have to wait nearly 3 months for another AF or the chance to get a BFP. I really do appreciate this thread! :)

Just suffered from my 4th loss very early....thanks for the information

Thank you, I have found out today I am probably going to require a D & C so this makes me feel better about it.

I'm so thankful this information is here. I had 5 hours of heavy, heavy bleeding yesterday and even passed some huge clots (I believe one was the actual baby) and even though it slowed after that I was still very scared that maybe something was wrong but going over the info here I realize that it's all very normal. And I know what to keep my eyes out for in the next couple of days.

This resource also really helped me with my first loss but that was 2 years ago and I had forgotten some of the details.

i hope in posting this i dont upset anyone but when we lost our punkin this thread was soooo helpful to me. i was sure it was my fault but this honestly reassured me that there was nothing i could do and most women have a successful pregnancy afterwards. 8 months later we finally got our bfp and this time i know what i need to know about possible mc and everything. i want any & everyone to know that if you ever need to talk you can always pm me, im all ears just like everyone else was for me in my time of need. thank god for babyandbump <3

I ovulated a week after bleeding stopped. I either just started my period or I just spotted but its only been 17 days since bleeding stopped but my levels were at zero when I ovulated and it was confirmed. Its been 10 days since I o'd so maybe an early period. Sorry for all your losses everyone wish you all the best. Also we didn't wait after m/c.

Thank you for the information. I have been feeling so confused and alone during all of this. I don't really know what to expect now, but this has answered some of my questions. Thank you so much for this!!:flower: And I'd like to just say how sorry I am for all of your loses.

Some of this I already knew. But seeing the information again still helps. I also read things I hadn't known.
I wonder though, where is the section about trying again? That would be really useful right now.

This has been incredibly helpful to me, as I just miscarried after 8 weeks.
I'm still going through some bleeding and pain and was wondering if it was normal. I had a chemically induced miscarriage after two sonograms confirmed the baby was gone. It's been heart-rending, even though I had mixed emotions about the pregnancy at the beginning, now I am mourning a loss that effected me more than I thought it would.

I'm so tired after all of this bleeding and pain, and I wish my bloated stomach and breasts would just calm down. It's been a blessing to read this board and other ladies' experiences, now I feel less alone.

thank you all - wishing everyone peace.

Thank you for this post! I truly appreciate being able to find all this info in one place. I'm kinda new to this so it's nice to be able to read about others and how it's not always the mothers fault!

What an informative post! Thank you...

I am 7wk on Wednesday with my second. Felt nagging pains in my stomach last Monday and Tuesday but waited to tell my MW until my first appointment on Wednesday. She told me period like pain is normal, this wasn't period pain.
I notice brown blood on toilet paper last night and felt inside, there was brown blood. This morning I didn't and haven't had any visible spotting on paper or my knickers but inside there is brown blood and clotting. I have been to my hospital this morning and been referred for a scan that I am awaiting the call to inform me when my date and time will be. Not sure what to think at the moment, I'm so confused...

It seems everything has happened differently this time. We got pregnant with my first on the first month and I had a brilliant pregnancy but a very sudden unannounced early arrival, this time took us 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->