Miscarriage petition with number 10

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is already on the forum, so apologies if it is.

Please, please take 2 minutes to sign this on-line petition.

https://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Miscarriage/

Signed it, I totally agree with that

Just out of interest what are your views on when miscarriages should be investigated?

Its just there are so many possible causes of miscarriage, to run tests for its not exactly a cheap and simple test to find what the problem is. With the rate of miscarriage so high, its normal for most women to experience one or two and stil have healthy normal pregnancies, and whilst I agree that its a traumatic experience to go through one, a large percentage of the time its just not a viable pregnancy and not due to complications at all. With the NHS stretched so much at the moment, sould we really be paying for all these tests after only 1 or 2? But obviously I fully agree that on hitting the 3 mark, women should not be allowed to suffer anymore and ALL tests should be performed, where as at eh moment it seems that a lot of doctors dont even offer this and people do just get pushed out the door and have to go private which I dont agree with.

Im sorry I dont mean to upset anyone by this comment, Im just interested on what peoples views are on it?

sorry, I cant sign from America :0(

BUT... I do believe in it.

Loosing a pregnancy can effect you in more ways than one. Your mental state & depression ... I think they should take it more seriously from the first MC even if it does start off with some standard blood tests - If there is a problem it can be helped with the next pregnancy but because it has not been reconised can cause a second loss. Yes it could happen without any known problem BUT I don't think risking it is acceptable!

Oh well ...

I think a person being faced with that reality (over and over) would/could have different opinions. No offence ... 1 or 10 MCs cause too much heartache in this cruel world :(

And I would usually voice what I think would help our NHS funds but won't/can't!!! :D

I'm with Wobbles on the investigation bit Cat. I appreciate what you are saying, and you are entitled to your views, but after witnessing friends going through first 1, then another, then a third miscarriage, before finally being investigated as to why, I strongly believe that there should be investigation after the first.

Oh - and after investigation, they now have a 14 month old daughter, and she is 8 weeks pg with the second!:happydance:

My auntie & uncle have 3 kids but since trying for their fourth she has had 4 miscaraiges and a stillborn(came early). she doesnt want to try anymore , for obvious reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->