Miscarriage

KarmelCandy

Reaction score
Well I had a miscarriage at 5w1d. This was my 1st miscarriage after being diagnosed with adenomyosis. My dr tells me that there's no research that shows adenomyosis affects fertility or causes miscarriages but I'm beginning to really wonder. This is a hard pill to swallow. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy with adenomyosis?

Hi. I have no experience with adenomyosis, but I do with miscarriage. And it is more common than you think. If your doctor says that it shouldn't cause miscarriage, I wouldn't be worried.

I am very very sorry for your loss. Hope you'll be back here once you've had time to heal.

Im afraid i know nothing of adenomyosis but i just wanted to say i am so sorry for your loss xxxx

I am very sorry for your loss. I have had two myself.

I do not know much about adenomyosis but it can form nodules in the myometrium (sp?) correct? Similar to fibroids but not as easy to treat is how I understand it. I would therefore think that, if the nodules are big enough and create any distortion of the internal shape of your uterus that it could cause a miscarriage. Of course, I am not a doctor, but you may want to get a second opinion.

Now, that being said, I have two small fibroids that were not the cause of my miscarriages and do not seem to be affecting this pregnancy. So, because miscarriage is so common it most likely was a chromosomal issue or so other unexplainable cause.

My doctor also has many other patients with very large fibroids who are carrying full term w/out complications. Only one has needed a c-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->