Miscarried, but...

beach_please

Reaction score
Hi, thought I'd ask here maybe someone can help. My doctor seems to think everything is normal but I don't want to take chances. And most of all, I want to close this chapter.
So at exactly 8 weeks I started spotting. Been told it's normal but 2 days later I started bleeding heavily and the cramps were so bad I decided to go to hospital. I was scanned and had blood tests and although my womb was empty (no sac), the doctor said it was definetely a m/c.
I blead very heavily for 2 days (2 maxi pads/hr) and then it was like a normal period for 2 weeks. In the meantime I had 2 other scans which showed that I didn't need a d&c as most tissue was passed and my body was doing a good job on its own. I was also having blood tests where it showed the hcg levels going down (but very slowly!).
My worry is that now, week 5 I am still bleeding (spotting actually, very dark brown) and my hcg level is still not 0. I am worried that thete might be a complication the doctor is missing. Could it be ectopic? We never saw the sac! Or is it really normal for my body to take so long to clean the uterus especially since I didn't have a d&c?
I would immensly appreciate your input.
Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"