Miss Sienna Louise - My Elective C-Section Story - 09-10-09

B

baby.love

Ok well its been 5 days so i think it's time to write up my birth story.....

My C-Sec was elective and planned way back when i was 16-20 weeks..

The day Sienna was born

Well i woke up feeling great but a little nervous as my previous c-section was a nightmare, but off we went to the hospital for 7am as instructed...

I was shown to my bed and told i was 2nd on the list so more than likely in theatre for 10'ish... I met the consultant doing the c-section and talked it all through with him..... I must admit i was a touch concerned as he looked as though he should be drawing his pension not delivering babies! .. I have since been told however that he is the best and fastest c-section consultant in our hospital!

Anyway so i sat around for a while and then got told 2 emergencies had come up so i had been bumped to 4th on the list and to expect an hour delay.

So after some waiting about my time came and off i waddled to theatre with my OH pushing the crib ...

I was shown into the anesthetic room and in there the canular was popped into the back of my hand .. and can i just say that was the worst part for me pain wise! and on a scale of 1-10 that was only a 5 ... My OH then came into the room all donned in his scrubs and we went through to the actual delivery theatre where my epidural was done and the fun began...

They checked that i was numb by sticking a needle all the way into my leg!!!! Luckily it was numb and i didnt feel a thing..

Within minutes i could hear suction and knew we had started, all the time the theatre staff talked to me and my OH to keep us relaxed... After about 5 mins and a bit of a tugging my OH was told to look to the side where he saw our precious little girl being pulled into the world... At this point he was blubbing and i was asking them to check she was defo a girl to which i was told yes.. and then i heard the most magical sound in the world.. My baby girl screaming like a little diva :D Then i started crying and was a total wreck.

Within minutes of her being born she was brought to my side in my OH's arms and she looked so tiny ... After they had finished stitching me up we went through to recovery where she was weighed/apgar score etc and then Sienna was placed on my chest for skin to skin contact which was amazing.. Within mins of being on me Sienna was feeding like a pro... and then it was off to the ward and the next day we came home to start the newest part of the journey..

I can honestly say that even though it was an elective section it was amazing and i got to experience most of the things a woman would who has a natural birth minus the labour lol....

Here is a link to some pics of her.... x

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...ile#/album.php?aid=330730&id=680035013&ref=mf

Thanks for reading xxx

:wohoo: welcome to the world Sienna!! Great story hun!!

Massive congrats, glad it went so well! She is gorgeous:)

Congratulations Leah!! So happy for you and that it was a great experience for you, Sienna is just beautiful!!

awww shes gorgous congrats my best mate had an elected c section last friday as well i went along with her and i loved the calmness of the whole procedure x

Huge congratulations to you all :hugs: Sienna is utterly gorgeous :)

Congrats hun! Glad everything went so well for you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"