Missed Period by 7 weeks

redpersian75

Reaction score
We are not currently trying as I am out of work and we do not have the funds to do more than survive at the moment. As the title shows I have missed my period by 7 weeks and am nromally very regular . I have done 2 negative home tests one only about 3 days ago. I have been to the GP who had prescribed Norethisterone to trigger period . I am so worried about this as it can trigger miscarriage if by some fluke am pregnant and tests were wrong.

This is so hard as many of you will know although I am not trying , really wish I was able to and now really desperate for the tests to be wrong , not taken the pills yet , am going to test again with a more sensitive test and leave it a week or two before taking pills as GP has gone against guidance prescribing them this early I checked should be 8 weeks at the earliest and he should have done all checks to totally rule out pregnancy first and had done none . Could the tests be wrong? Has anyone else had this expereince ? its so confusing

Hi, sorry I can't be any help but I didnt want to read and run... Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some advice, personally I would probably wait, or arrange to get a 2nd opinion from another doctor, or ring NHS direct (if in the UK). Sorry I can't be of any help x

Aw that sounds so hard. Its horrible when you have that secret, desperate wish that the tests are wrong, even when you know it would be more difficult. Stress affects periods & if you guys are struggling with money, plus its been christmas, do you think that may have had anything to do with it? Its not unusual for periods to go awol in difficult situations. I'd definitely do another test to rule pregnancy out though & tbh I probably wouldn't take those pills yet either. Dont be too hard on yourself if you are, people always manage & although its not the ideal situation, it could be the best thing that has ever happened to you. :hugs:

Goodness, I can't believe he didn't do a blood test to confirm or disconfirm a pregnancy! I completely agree with you, please don't take those pills before someone's done a blood test!

My sister and mom don't show up until about 15 weeks on pregnancy tests. My sister her earliest showing up was with her first son and that was at 9 weeks. I know my mom was always 15+weeks until she showed up + on a pregnancy test. So it is very possible for you to be pregnant. I can't believe he didn't even do a blood test.

Please don't take the pills. I wouldn't if i was in your position.

I would go to get a blood test to be sure, if that comes back negative, then I would take the tablets, really the doctor should have done this for you anyway as standard to rule out pregnancy.

If in doubt, seek em out!

As the other ladies say go to your doctors and get some blood tests!! xx

i would request to see a different doctor and voice your concerns and ask for a bloody test! They should really have done one!! I hope this gets sorted for you xx

hello im in the same position as you my doc appiontment is monday hopefully they will give me a blood test my last period was 50 days ago have no explaination for the no show hope you get the result you want xx

Thank you for all your supportive replies. I did not know what to do but decided after doing more research to take tablets and listen to head not heart really difficult . Finished monday lunch , nothing yet. I shoudl also say tocomplicate matters I have an increased chance of pof . autoimmune oophritis and prem menopause and infertility because i have pernicious anaemia and did not diagnosed for a long time , same doctor i'm afraid , did not even test for it , locum sent me for unrealted stuff and it was found by accident. So you can see iwas torn, on one hand would love it to be happy accident but on other not much chance so really needed to know whether still fertile and after another couple of negative home tests one of them really sensitive one made the hard decision. I will let you all know what happens . Thank you for supporting me . Am so worried , will know by next monday if its going to happen or not and then back to doc for more tests incl ultrasound .

I must say, you have a lot more inner strength than me... i'd have been screaming and crying and shouting about it all. God i'm bad enough when i'm a day late lol. I hope the pills work anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->