• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Missed twin on ultrasound, anyone?

JessPape

Myself, Husband, DD
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever had an ultrasound and had a missed baby, show up later in another ultrasound?

I've been told i'm pregnant with one, which I believe it's one. However, my mom and her co-worker (who has had twins) claims my ultrasound is a CLEAR two babies lol... I know the spot they are talking about, it just looks, odd.

I don't know what my HCG levels are, I don't have a clue. As my doctor (Canada) doesn't say jack all about nothing. I have switched care to a midwife on the 10th you will do another ultrasound before the end of September. Anyways heres a picture, tell me my mom is crazy lol...

My ultrasound was due to some spotting, the tech said there was no reason for spotting and everything looked good, and shrugged it off to a possible hormonal bleed...

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/JessePape/968913_10201211661286707_1383113281_n_zps9589e0f9.jpg

For the record my mom is commenting on the thing to the left. lol

Doesn't look like any twin scan I've seen. I'd say if it was twins they would have seen and said something.
I'd go with reflection or some internal body bit lol.

I agree with twinmummy. They would have said something .

I have heard it happen before where one twin was hiding behind the other and was only picked up much further on in the pregnancy, but I assume its extremely rare.

Good luck with your pregnancy :D

Actually hun, the structure to the left is outside your uterus and is either your bladder or some other internal body part - I'm no expert so can't interpret exactly what. Your uterus is still quite small at this stage and wouldn't take up such a large area. If it were twins they'd be much closer together. Hopefully someone more knowledgable about scans will be along to confirm........or not lol. Good luck with your pregnancy xx

Hi ya - here is my scan which was 6 weeks - as you can see its a very definite twin scan with both sacs the same size - also they were in no doubt as to the fact it was twins and both had heartbeats.

I am no expert but I would say one bubba in there - congratulations xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 445
here is my scan at 7 weeks...obviously two and close together

Attachments

• TWINS! 2013.jpg
    TWINS! 2013.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi,

I had ivf where they only put one embryo in. and I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days. The ultrasound tech said there was only one, but the ultrasound shows 2 white smudges. What do you think? My hcg was 17,901 at 6 weeks. What does u guys think? Could it be identical twins? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 76
Hi,

I had ivf where they only put one embryo in. and I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days. The ultrasound tech said there was only one, but the ultrasound shows 2 white smudges. What do you think? My hcg was 17,901 at 6 weeks. What does u guys think? Could it be identical twins? Thanks.

I don't know how to rotate the picture but there is 2 barely visible smudges at opposite ends

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
I am not sure what the other smudge is, but they would be closer than that, if they were identical as they would be sharing the gestational sac and placenta eventually but right now yolk sac

I am not sure what the other smudge is, but they would be closer than that, if they were identical as they would be sharing the gestational sac and placenta eventually but right now yolk sac

Not necessarily. My twins had desperate sacs and placentas and are identical.

Thanks for that mary, sorry for giving out the wrong info x

No it's fine, I thought the same until my twins were 9 mths old!

Oh wow, that is amazing :D

Very interesting! cant wait for an update! :) good luck!

Hey mama's I have a random question... So, I was put on Clomid by my doctor for my husbands low sperm count(I ovulate fine) For more of a chance to get pregnant. I did two rounds of 50Mg days 3-7 and had 10 STRONG positive pregnancy tests at 10 DPO. I still am not even due for my period for 4 more days... My question is, Are any of you ladies Clomid twins, and if so, when did you test positive? I have a suspicion its twins... I'm nervous!! My first appt isn't for another 8 days, and I'm about to go CRAZY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->