Missing 3 year old

I read that the Father has been answering questions and assisting with the inquiry.
Something definitely doesn't add up though. I usually check on Jacob before I go to bed, and i'd definitely hear him getting up and leaving the house. Jake's almost 4 and wouldn't think to pick up his coat let alone gloves.
I really hope he is found safe & sound :(, poor little boy.

Deffo doesnt add up, hope he is found safe though!

This story is constantly on my mind. It's only 20 minutes from where I am so the thought that there could be a predator active so close makes me feel ill.

BUT

I am another who strongly believes there MUST be more to it. I'd certainly hear my child wandering around the house. There were CCTV cameras everywhere around those flats and yet no sighting of him. How did a child possible get changed, put on winter appropriates, shut the doors quietly and creep away. Through the heavy stair door. And had not been spotted since.

I just don't get it. I believe there's a family angle to this that we don't know about yet.

I hope wherever he is he is safe, happy and well.

I do think its something to do with the dad.

In response to this comment:

i'm not convinced the father snatched him though. if the dad was going to take a chance, surely he'd had a better plan and would've taken both twins

Boys are more prized than girls in certain cultures??

If he left on his own he couldnt havnt really gotten that far. And if hes still out there alone surely he would be crying with being cold, hungry of with fear? Someone definitely would have heard or seen something. I believe somebody has him, just hope he doesnt come to any harm :(

I just keep thinking about my 4yo and what his mother must be going through :(

I feel the same Natasha. My best friend owns a flat a few doors up, same buildings.

There is certainly a possibility that he got out though, although from what I remember there are a door or two in the stairwell before you even get to the heavy doors. The doors are heavy enough but i think it is possible for a 3 year old to manage.

However, it's all kinda polished isnt it? He has the outdoor gear on. He got out the doors (several!)

Where on earth is the father mentioned much in terms of family appeal right now? Its all about the mother and how upset she is?

I suspect he is still around, and I hope he is safe. Things arent ringing true and the public are beginning to agree.

It gives me chills. Drylaw/Muirhouse's where I was brought up, i'm there all the time, family and alexs appoitments. I didn't realise it could hit you so hard when it's so close to home. It seems so much more real. :(

I know kids have different abilities, but Tori or Alex couldnt even get their flaming clothes on!

...and there was nothing on the cctv? Noone saw a little boy on his own walking in a street? No sightings whatsoever? Very odd!
Why was he sleeping on his own? I always check my kids before i go to bed. Why did he not wake his other siblings to venture out? What child would go out in the dark alone? It just isnt right and someone is lying about something.

Certainly more too it. Me and my mum thought, have they searched the other flats?
If there's no CCTV of him, then he could be in the building.

But highly likely his dad or someone took him.
I wouldn't think a 3 year old would get up in he dark, put shoes on and go out into the cold.

Doesn't add up.

You would imagine they would have searched the other flats. They surely must have done that first.
I have had my back door open and its dark outside. My dd who is 2 years 8 months wouldnt come out on her own she just stands there. She has a instinctive fear of the dark and stands at the step. If she did go out on her own, [ which i wouldnt ever see why she would!] it wouldnt be long before she was crying to get back in!!! Someone must have heard something.

I think they have searched other flats. They have also been going door to door further afield

He must have been taken by someone :(

River escaped once during the day when she was 2/3. Her dad thought she had come upstairs to me but she had actually put her wellies on and let the dog out the front door. We only had to look for her for 40 seconds maybe but they were the worst 40 seconds of my life! Cant imagine how his mum feels.

We didnt realise she could reach the door handle so its feasible that they didnt realise he would be able to get out but it being so long until anyone noticed seems odd to me.

I'd like to think members of the public would notice a little boy walking alone but a family friends little boy got out the house (about 15 years ago now) and actually managed to get on a bus and sit down until anyone questioned why there was a 5 year old in pjs on the bus alone.

I've been thinking about this alot too :( ,and constantly checking the news for updates. Hope he is found safe and well soon. I do think there is more to it than him wondering off by himself. My 4 year old would never go out in the dark alone and certainly wouldn't put gloves, hat on etc.

One thing I keep wondering is - sometimes when a person goes missing they ask the public not to search and to leave it to the police. Obviously in those cases they have other information which they can't release to the public. But here they are encouraging everyone to join the search so they must really have no idea where he is. Its so sad :(

The mother or the police [ cant decide who is saying what!] says he would have been capable of opening the doors. Sadly i dont like to think this but i dont think this is going to have a good outcome somehow. Maybe it has been misadventure :(

I keep checking for updates too!!

I'm leaning on the thought that his mum is covering up something. He didn't attend nursery on Wednesday because he had a cold, so he hasn't been seen by anyone else. I highly doubt he'd be able to leave the apartment quietly, push/pull heavy doors, think to put on coat, shoes, gloves. If he had wandered off he would have been captured on CCTV somewhere. Also a 3 year old brave enough to leave home in the pitch black at night!? blocks of flats have lifts don't they? Lifts have cameras. It's just all very suss. Like it's made up as a cover up but not a very clever cover. A 3 year old walks the streets and nobody sees him!? Not possible

I do hope he's found safe and well. Bless him. Xx

I do think its something to do with the dad.

In response to this comment:

i'm not convinced the father snatched him though. if the dad was going to take a chance, surely he'd had a better plan and would've taken both twins

Boys are more prized than girls in certain cultures??

Yeah i get that, it just made me think he'd want both after watching a documentary about men feeling abroad with their kids and usually taken em all.

I was also not convinced since the police keep saying there was no custody issue and the father hadn't been around since birth? i dunno how true that is?

The police are very wary about speaking of his father aren't they

I hope he is found safe and well-I keep checking for updates too. xxx

I keep checking for updates too!!

I'm leaning on the thought that his mum is covering up something. He didn't attend nursery on Wednesday because he had a cold, so he hasn't been seen by anyone else. I highly doubt he'd be able to leave the apartment quietly, push/pull heavy doors, think to put on coat, shoes, gloves. If he had wandered off he would have been captured on CCTV somewhere. Also a 3 year old brave enough to leave home in the pitch black at night!? blocks of flats have lifts don't they? Lifts have cameras. It's just all very suss. Like it's made up as a cover up but not a very clever cover. A 3 year old walks the streets and nobody sees him!? Not possible

I do hope he's found safe and well. Bless him. Xx

He had a cold that week? Another reason i don't think he would've got up for an 'adventure'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->