missing the bump...

staceymy

Mummy To Two Princesses
Reaction score
does anyone else feel they are missing being pregnant and there bump? i feel as if i cant wait to get pregnant again! even tho its far too early and not good for my health as im still suffering from high BP from the pre eclampsia i developed in my pregnancy. does it get better?
dont get me wrong i love my little girl so much but i cant help feeling a little bit empty.

I miss my bump too I love my little girl to bits but I really did love being pregnant I was lucky to only have one upset in my pregnancy but after that was sorted I really loved it :) So I know you feel

xx

Im opposite - I don't miss being pregnant! I think I got big quite quick in my pregnancy & looks like I carried a lot of water! The sleppless nights were from beginning to end first with stress and quite quick into the second tri with pregnancy. I hardly slept in the 3rd tri either :(

Another part I guess may be glad because I worried the whole time she wouldn't make it because of my history so her being here is a relief to me in a different way to others maybe!

I want #2 but I'd much rather skip the 9 months lol But I am looking forward to expecting #2 as well! There were moments that were special to me and made my eyes fill up I cherish those moments though.

Above all though I'm truely thankful I was pregnant & carried to near full term & shes with me!

I don't miss the bump either, but for a while I did forget that I was once again able to fit through narrow spaces lol.

I dont miss my bump either, towards the end i was just in so much pain, what with my legs, back, ankles and my hip from when I in an accident, I became so fed up with the pain etc and I was huge i started to feel slightly down by the end and with all the turmoil of having to go into hospital.

I didnt enjoy my pregnancy, all i felt was blooming fed up, and towards the end it was just hellish. It got to my due date and I was just looking for an end, going 15 days over really took it out of me and i felt really low.

I am grateful she is here though and I do want to have another

xx

I haven't given birth yet but I already get the feeling that I don't want to at times because I'm going to miss being pregnant and having a bump. Then other times I want him out now!

When I was PG I got fed up being so big! Hated the sciatica and the heartburn, but loved feeling Noah in my tummy!

I do miss it a little - dnt miss getting touched up by random people in the street though!

I know I won't miss being pregnant. My midwife has even called me an unlucky one lol! I'm pretty sure when my babies here all this bad pregnancy stuff will be a distant memory :)

I didn't so much miss it, but I was amazed at how suddenly empty I felt. I mean literally. I'd look down and there was nothing there! My TV tray was gone! It was a wierd sense of almost a loss but a gain at the same time. LOL Odd.

My first two pregnancies, certainly couldn't wait until it was over. With the first I gained 60 lbs. and felt like a short waddling duck. I also felt so frumpy.

I missed the special moments of first hearing the heartbeat, seeing their first scan and then feeling the movements. Other than that, I was so happy to get back to normal and my normal clothes.

And here I go again! Wish I could skip the nine months with the exception of the special moments.

I LOVED being pregnant- nutty woman i am!!! I really enjoyed it, loved my bump and all the pregnancies!! Its totally normal to feel like you 'miss' your bump, some do and some dont- its your body adjusting and hormones swimming around!! Its perfectly normal and i am sure that you will b fine after a little time. congratulations on the birth of your baby, good luck to you and your family :) :hugs:

My son will be 6 months saturday and I still miss my bump. I even asked about this too a while back!!! I never, ever felt better in my whole life. I was blessed with the most perfect pregnancy ever. Nothing awkward, no nausea, no high bp.... Believe me, I am grateful since I know it can be difficult for many women. I gave birth at 36 weeks and wasn't mentally prepared for that so it was quite a shock to no longer be pregnant. I'm doing better now though I still have a sense of longing at times. I too look forward to having #2, but that will only be in a few years. Nonetheless, I actually fear how I'll cope when I know that there will be no more babies. But let's not worry about that just yet! ;)

I haven't given birth yet but I already get the feeling that I don't want to at times because I'm going to miss being pregnant and having a bump. Then other times I want him out now!

I feel the same. I like having him in there kicking because I feel like everythings under my control. I know when he's our Im not going to be able to handle him even half as much.

xxx

Yeah it's great. When they're in your belly they're still cute little babies kicking you only they don't scream and cry and you can take them everywhere with you with no problems other than fitting through the door and never have to change a nappy.

Yeah I'm only just getting over missing my bump and starting to feel comfortable with the idea of the 4 of us. After they were born I wanted another baby straight away.

I wondered if it was because it took so long to get PG that actually being PG seemed to whizz by and up till then that was all I could think of.

I feel sad thinking that I'll never have that amazing feeling again, but I've also conveniently forgotten that I was begging in the last couple of weeks for them to be out! :lol:

I never thought i would say this 5 days after giving birth but this time i really miss it and would LOVE to do it again!! SPD and everything included although i am looking forward to just not being in pain for a while :)

I bet you don't miss the heartburn!!!

And did your throat feel sore from it for a couple of days after giving birth?
I know mine did with my first baby!!

i miss stroking my bump, i catch myself doing it sometimes and my baby is 3 weeks old lol.. dont miss the burning pain i had with spd, the gazillion trips to the loo in the night or watching what i eat ( ie mayo, nuts, alcohol) but as much as i swore she was going to be an only child i cant wait for no.2....and maybe 3 and 4 heehee!!! only i have to wait up to a year to heal from my c-section...bummer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->