MMR and Pregnancy...

katrina0007

Reaction score
Hi Moms and Dads.. i had a quick question for anyone who has some knowledge or experience about the above topic.
I had to take the MMR before i even knew i was pregnant (found out 3 days later i was!) i looked up all the stuff on the internet about taking the live vaccine (mmr) during pregnancy and they all say it should be avoided in pregnancy and non pregnant woman may take it 28 days before getting pregnant ..There is no direct relation between autism and MMR vaccine!! why Autism in particular??
I had my 1st appointment with my Obgyn nurse.. she says she doesnt know if it would affect the baby!! wow!! she referred me to a high risk dr for early US and Blood test for triple markers..(not until 10 weeks) but i dont think that would detect Autism (it detects birth defects and downs syn/ neural tube defects- spinabif only) :wacko:
I am soo pissed of at the doctor :growlmad: :growlmad::grr: who did not warn me about it or did not even ask me to confirm if i was/was not pregnant before i got it.:sulk:
waiting to hear from other parents who have had kids before or know of friends who did have similar issues like mine. ... cant put my mind to rest..:nope:
I am sooo worried about my baby i am 5 weeks pregnant!:sadangel:
am happy and sad at the same time :muaha:
help! :help:
P.S Happy easter to one and all..:bunny: God bless

Hmmmm i dont know what to say... surely if there was effects of affecting women who were pregnant... then surely your doctor should of asked the question, are you pregnant or is there chance you could be.

Its like when you get a X-Ray there always ask you...

I can answer one question... Autism is particularly mentioned because in the early 2000's there was a doctor who claimed that MMR caused autism in young children, there are many parents who believe that this is the case. But research doesn't confirm this.

How far gone do you think you were when you had the vaccine? I don't think you need to worry about autism because that is a developmental disorder and you probably would have had the vaccine at a time when the fetus' body was developing not the brain, most things you are told to avoid in early pregnancy have a risk of neural tube defects, so if the vaccine were to affect the pregnancy it is more likely to be a NTD.

Hopefully this article will put your mind at rest https://miscarriage.about.com/od/infections/f/mmrpregnancy.htm

Thanks for the reply :) i found out the next day with home preg test.. i may be 3 weeks then.. :( this doc was an immigration doctor .. ( as i am not a us citizen) but no matter what they had to ask me.. they did not even ask me during the chest x ray for TB screening ( but i made sure i covered all the way above my uterus) hope my baby is fine.. this is my 1 st pregnancy like every parent i want it to be a healthy baby :*..

worst part is that i had the MMR as a kid.. and i still had the antibodies 4 yrs ago.. but i did not have a proof so i had to take it again .. crap.. i wish i knew that i was pregnant.!!

I know it is a fustrating time for you. Try to relax and not stress to hard hun...Like the other posts mentioned--at the early stages--there is very little developement yet in regards to the brain and I imagine that there would be a risk if you were much further a long--which is one reason the nurse couldn't tell you for sure..I also agree that doctors should be asking the "big" questions of anyone before they pop in needle in someone's arm, etc...It would just be a good practice...
:hugs:..
And Happy Easter to you sweetie!

thanks sproglet.. i had read that article before.. hope everything is fine :D with u too
God bless

thanks waiting 2012 !!!! xoxoxox
https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt138810.aspx

Hello Katrina,
It was incredible to read your posting because it was like reading my own story. Immigration doctor told me I had to get the MMR vaccine, next thing I knew I was pregnant (3 weeks). I still haven't had my doctor/nurse appointment. I have one scheduled for this week. I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me how things are developing for you. I am very scared about the fact that I might have unknowingly caused some harm to a baby a have desired for so long. You are a month ahead of me in this process so maybe you can shed some light in this issue.
I hope everything goes well with you both. Please keep us updated!

EEEK! I needed the MMR booster and my doc made me take a pregnancy test before I could even get the shot. THEN told me I needed to wait 3 months before TTC! The cdc here recommends 1 month waiting ttc. I hope you ladies and your LOs are ok!

Hello I am in same situation 3 weeks preg and got MMR shot, I cant get any sleep I wanted to know what happened with your case, u should have delivered by now. How is the baby doing is everything normal I surely hope so
please please let me know thank you

Hi Moms and Dads.. i had a quick question for anyone who has some knowledge or experience about the above topic.
I had to take the MMR before i even knew i was pregnant (found out 3 days later i was!) i looked up all the stuff on the internet about taking the live vaccine (mmr) during pregnancy and they all say it should be avoided in pregnancy and non pregnant woman may take it 28 days before getting pregnant ..There is no direct relation between autism and MMR vaccine!! why Autism in particular??
I had my 1st appointment with my Obgyn nurse.. she says she doesnt know if it would affect the baby!! wow!! she referred me to a high risk dr for early US and Blood test for triple markers..(not until 10 weeks) but i dont think that would detect Autism (it detects birth defects and downs syn/ neural tube defects- spinabif only) :wacko:
I am soo pissed of at the doctor :growlmad: :growlmad::grr: who did not warn me about it or did not even ask me to confirm if i was/was not pregnant before i got it.:sulk:
waiting to hear from other parents who have had kids before or know of friends who did have similar issues like mine. ... cant put my mind to rest..:nope:
I am sooo worried about my baby i am 5 weeks pregnant!:sadangel:
am happy and sad at the same time :muaha:
help! :help:
P.S Happy easter to one and all..:bunny: God bless
Wow, I am also in the same situation. Due to immigration requirement I was given mmr around which I was about which I was about 2,1/2 to3 weeks which was around the stage of conception and implantation.
After I got the vaccine I checked online about how insafe it is to take mrr if you are ttc within 30 days or if u r pregnant.The doctor failed to tell me this.When I called her she told me that if I had told her if I was ttc then she would have not give me,.but its her job to ask, she only said its a very safe vaccine and she would give it. how I wld know if any vaccine is harmful at what stages? I am soo stressed and losing sleep over this. Did any of you deliver healthy babies I spite of mmr in early stages of pregnancy?

Hi All,
I am in the same boat. Got my MMR and the chickenpox vaccination done about three weeks back for immigration purpose. Discovered that I am pregnant today and am 5 weeks 4 days into it now. Can you guys share your experience? Is it safe for the baby? I have an appointment with my OB/Gynaec but not till next week.

Thanks

Hi All,
I am in the same boat. Got my MMR and the chickenpox vaccination done about three weeks back for immigration purpose. Discovered that I am pregnant today and am 5 weeks 4 days into it now. Can you guys share your experience? Is it safe for the baby? I have an appointment with my OB/Gynaec but not till next week.

Thanks

I had the MMR vaccine when not pregnant and had a nasty case of measles from it. Given the ingredients and risks the safety of vaccines in pregnancy is really questionable imho. Formaldehyde and Mercury should be avoided....unless they come in a vaccine?
There is an article by doctor Mercola that talks about risks.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-vaccines

Danger to infants: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/04/measles-vaccine-kills-infants.aspx

It should be noted that the CDC advises pregnant women against receiving the MMR vaccine for fear that it may harm the developing fetus.
Source: https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/what-are-the-dangers-of-the-mmr-vaccine/

In Germany we did not always vaccinate for measles, flu or chicken pox. People just had it and gained life long immunity. The number of deaths and complications was lower than now with all the vaccines for minor illnesses.
Quite concerning.

I have suffered damage from vaccines myself and stopped vaccinating in 1999. Over years and years my health recovered. It took a very very long time. I am healthier now at 33 then in my twenties or late teens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->