MMR & Autism

MMRPAPER

Reaction score
Hello I am doing a paper for my EPQ qualification on what parents think about the link between the MMR vaccine and Autism and whether it effects your decisions on vaccinating your children. I would really appreciate it if any of you could respond the these questions :) Feel free not to answer questions if you feel that they are too personal.

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism?
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way?
3). Did you vaccinate your children?
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening?
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children?
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim?
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents?

If you could participate I would be extremely grateful as I would love to get a mondern day parents view on the subject.

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism? I am still undecided.
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way? No
3). Did you vaccinate your children? Yes but delayed MMR for 2nd child.
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? Yes and undecided.
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children?Nope.
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Yes and I also know what the media wanted people to believe and the whole truth and so called hidden study's.
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? It worries me that we get expected to vaccinate with little information as to what is in the vacines. It worry's me long term effects.

Nonesense, i never beleived it at the time, and its since been discredited. Even if there was some truth, those diseases are very real and people DO DIE from them.

No, I dont get easily influenced my the media, esp as i used to be a nurse. I always think people should do their own research and not listen soley to the media.

3). Did you vaccinate your children? Yes and I will the twins.

4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? My child is only 20 months, but doesnt display any normal sypmtoms or characteristics of the disease.

5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? Everything influences the way we parent, people raise children completly differently to what was considered right and normal 20 years ago, each generation is different and hopfully more well informed.

6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Not sure i understand this question, but i did read the study and many others at the time.

7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? The possibilty of autism? No, as i explained earlier, I dont beleive there is a link and even if there were people die from the diseases from these vaccinations.

Nonesense, i never beleived it at the time, and its since been discredited. Even if there was some truth, those diseases are very real and people DO DIE from them.

No, I dont get easily influenced my the media, esp as i used to be a nurse. I always think people should do their own research and not listen soley to the media.

3). Did you vaccinate your children? Yes and I will the twins.

4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? My child is only 20 months, but doesnt display any normal sypmtoms or characteristics of the disease.

5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? Everything influences the way we parent, people raise children completly differently to what was considered right and normal 20 years ago, each generation is different and hopfully more well informed.

6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Not sure i understand this question, but i did read the study and many others at the time.

7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? The possibilty of autism? No, as i explained earlier, I dont beleive there is a link and even if there were people die from the diseases from these vaccinations.

Can I just say, AUTISM IS NOT A DISEASE.
Thanks x

I don't know if you can use my answers as I am WTT due to health reasons. I am learning as much as I can in advance of TTC so that when my physician gives me the green light DH & I can jump in.

I have read a lot about vaccines and believe there might be a link between MMR & autism. It is enough of a belief that when we do have children, they will not be receiving the MMR. I do believe in the life saving power of vaccines but do not agree with the standard US vaccine schedule nor many of the preservatives used in most vaccines. My children will get measles, mumps, and rubella as separate vaccines.
I believe the press is biased and do my own research on important items such as healthcare. I do read a lot of parenting, natural birth, naturopathic health stuff, but also form my own beliefs about the items they discuss. I found The Baby Bond to be the most helpful and unbiased in discussing vaccines.

3). Did you vaccinate your children?
Please see my response to number 1

4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening?
No children yet

5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children?
N/A

6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim?
Yes

7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents?
Yes

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism? No link whatsoever
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way? I think I would rather they do some real research to get to the bottom of it, rather than waste anymore time on the vaccine theory.
3). Did you vaccinate your children? yes
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? Yes, she has PPD-NOS and Apraxia, and no, absolutely no influence. Looking back, the signs were there well before any vaccine, I just didn't know it at the time. As she got older, her symptoms became more noticable...but, they were always there...you just can't tell in a little baby. We knew something was wrong before 12mths, and she was taken in at 18mths. Diagnosed by age 2.
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? No
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? I have heard of him
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? It worries me that people are being scared into not vaccinating their children based on some idiots claims...because people don't know the facts, about autism firstly, and the fact that there are many who have NEVER been vaccinated in their lives, and have ASD, and also, just don't know the facts about vaccinations. Making an informed decision means educating yourself on BOTH sides... THAT is scary.

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism? There isn't one.
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way? No.
3). Did you vaccinate your children? Yes.
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? No.
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? No.
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Yes, but I would hesitate to call it a "scientific study" of any sort.
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? Not at all.

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism? I think there's a link between the increased number of vaccines in children and the increased number of learning disabilities.
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way? Nope.
3). Did you vaccinate your children? Nope, I did not :)
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? No, he does not.
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? No. I've done research and have made an educated decision based on said research.
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Yes.
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? The possibility of a learning disability does not worry me as much as an adverse reaction to any vaccine does.

1). What is your opinion on the link between MMR & autism? Never thought about it, my son has autism but had the mmr when young, he is 10 now, had no signs ofit when he was younger though, only when he started school.
2). Do you think the press have swayed your opinion in any way? No
3). Did you vaccinate your children? Yes
4). Does your child have Autism? If so do you feel the MMR jab influenced that happening? Yes to autism, live q1 never thought about it.
5). Have previous claims effected the way you parent your children? No
6). Do you know about the scientific study done by the man who made this claim? Nope
7). Does this possiblity worry you as parents? Nope knowing he has it means i can help him, as for the vacine being related i never knew there was a possibility, so without facts i cant worry, you hear things everyday, and its easy to get obsessed with autism, there is so much different oppinions, so i just get on with it and deal with it, with a pediatricians advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->