• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moan Sorry

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Ok so yesterday i was telling hubby how i need to make sure i remember to take my folic acid and mentioned that he should increase the amount of brocolli (for zinc) he eats to help with the production of health sperm and i mentioned how i couldnt eat mayo when pg and he said that i am becoming obsessed!

I mearly pointed out that i have read articles on the foods etc to help us to have a healthy baby and folic acid reduce problems like spina bifida and by eating more broc it will increase sperm count and reduce the number of abnormal sperm
I expalined that being a pead nurse you see everything that can go wrong you dont see all the millions of healthy babies so call me paraniod but if i can help reduce the chances of my baby having a problem then i will do everything i can to so he thought about it for a second and said he sees my point

But today over dinner he says "If we have a boy we can call it..."

So its not ok for me to do what i can for a healthy baby but he can think ahead and pick names
MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that but i feel better now! Cant moan to anyone as no-one know we are thinking of trying never mind trying soon!

Yes I've read many posts on these forums where women feel like they can't talk about TTC with their hubbies / other halves because men always think we're obsessing. We probably are to a certain degree, but this is important stuff to us girls!

I remember when my hubby and I first agreed we'd start trying late this summer (this was several months ago). I mentioned that I was thinking that I should go to the pharmacy and get my prenatal vitamins so I could get the recommended 2-3 months of folic acid in my system. He acted like it was WAY too early to be worrying about that then and I was getting way too excited too soon etc.

I went a few weeks later and just broke down and bought the things, didn't say anything and have been taking them since. He's had to have seen them sitting in the medicine cabinet by now, and hasn't said a word. It seems like the closer we get, the more he's into talking about it a bit, but I definitely don't push it, because I know how he gets. :rofl:

I think it's just a guy thing. When we start TTC, I will probably not talk much about symptoms etc with him, because he's going to be the same way - "stop obsessing". :rofl:

Also, that's what I have all my cyber friends online for! As long as I can talk to someone about it, that's all that matters! :hugs:

My oh is a freak also. At the moment we have agreeded to ttc in September/october (after a mc) tho we having been using protection now. Ive actually got him taking vitamins(cant believe it but i decided not to buy him the ones for men ttc and just bought normal vitamins so that i dodnt freak him out). He knows why he is taking them deep down but since it doenst say TAKE THESE WHEN TTC, hes happy:rofl: Better safe or sorry:rofl:

Good luck

My oh is a freak also. At the moment we have agreeded to ttc in September/october (after a mc) tho we having been using protection now. Ive actually got him taking vitamins(cant believe it but i decided not to buy him the ones for men ttc and just bought normal vitamins so that i dodnt freak him out). He knows why he is taking them deep down but since it doenst say TAKE THESE WHEN TTC, hes happy:rofl: Better safe or sorry:rofl:

Good luck

Haha! Exactly the same as what i've done witi mine. Apparently i've become obsessed because i won't eat lots of high level mercury things like shark. Nothing to do with the fact i don't actually want jaws on my plate. Anyway, how did he know you weren't supposed to have that in pregnancy hey? That's what i want to know. Seems someone knows more than they've let on.

The long and short of it is though Rah that men panic at the sound of anything baby or conception related. It's like some cave man instinct that they know a baby means they'll have another reason not to go to the pub after work.

That's what we're all here for, to talk to. I've learn't the hard way with my oh that if we actually explicitly discuss anything baby related, he freaks out, whereas if i gently encourage he seems to be coming sound to the idea of being a dad :)

Hope that helps a bit even though i've rambled on :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->