Mom wants me to send LO across country to stay w/her for 1/2 yr. I said no.Thoughts?

AAAAHHHH NO!!!

You are definitely not crazy!

I am a foster parent and have a 13 month sand 4 month old and I have my own on the way. I've had them since they were 9 months and 2 weeks. I can tell you, its a lot of work. Just keep organized and don't expect perfection form you or your partner. You guys will be fine.

If your mom is that concerned about your ability to look after two little ones, she should take some time off work and offer to come and help you in your own home! Like all the other ladies said, NOPE!!!!!

Congrats on the pregnancy! :D

Well I do know that in some cultures it can be normal to send kids to stay with grandparents but I couldn't do it either. Now that my kids are older we have let them spend the summer in Israel with their grandparents but that is something that they wanted to do and it was only for 5 weeks without us :)

We have no family in the US and our first two kids were under 20months apart. No friends with kids either. It was tough but totally doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->