Mommy's with Heart Disease?

DewDropsBliss

Reaction score
Are there any other Mommies out there with Heart Disease that went through Pregnancy and Delivery with it? I'm currently 29 weeks, and I'm getting more and more anxious the closer we get to due date, and I'll be honest, I'm scared out of my mind. I have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, my resting rate is on average about 110. Any time I do anything, I.E. Put my hair into a ponytail, my heart rate will go to the 150's-160's. If I do anything anymore extraneous than that I.E. Take a shower, it will go to the 180's. If I walk too long, start crying, try to clean the house, etc it will go over 200 BPM. And it hurts. It feels like my chest is breaking and I can feel my throbbing heart in my head. I get terrible migraines from the lack of oxygen. My hands and feet will start turning blue and I get really shaky and break out in a cold sweat. I've passed out a few times because of it, so I've been trying to take it as easy as possible. Just recently at my baby shower, my breasts were even starting to turn blue and thats never happened before. (V-cut dress) I also have Ventricular tachycardia, which I've had 3 heart surgeries in the past trying to treat. I had a miscarriage last year because of it, and afterwards had another heart surgery. We thought it would be okay for me to get pregnant, but we were wrong. The vtach isn't as bad as it used to be though. When I deliver, they're stripping membranes at 37 weeks on the dot, I'll be getting a spinal tap, and they will be doing assisted birth. ((Using a vacuum to pull him out)). I have no one to talk to about this, because nobody really wants to talk about the possibility of things not going well, especially my husband, but I'm scared to death. I try to talk to them and they quickly brush it off. I can't blame them, I wouldn't really want to imagine something bad happening to them either. But I'm at a loss, and terrified. Heart disease is the number one maternal cause of death, and with my heart beating so hard, I have an increased risk of cardiomegaly (An enlarged heart) During the end of my pregnancy or delivery when my hearts really over worked, and I'm so scared of cardiac arrest. :( Are there any other Mommies out there who went through this?? Do you know of any mommies? Or even delivery nurses who work in ICU who have seen this. I want my baby to come out healthy and strong, but I want to be here to raise him as well. The doctors I see are of course trying to instill optimism so I don't stress out about this, but have told me the risks. I just need to see someone went through the same thing, and everything came out okay :(

Hello!

I have trechology of Fallots (corrected) its congentital heart condition. I managed my first labour with masses of intervention and 25 weeks preg with my second. My heart is copy well.

My cousin just had her first and has heart problems she was monitored very closely and had a c section at 38 weeks she had an epidural so was still awake and still got immediate skin to skin. The doctor didnt want to attempt labour as it would strain her heart.

Hi, I don't have experience of heart disease but 5 Years ago whilst heavily pregnant, I had a bad case of tachycardia where my heart rate was over 200bpm. I got diagnosed with a condition called Av nodal re-entrant tachycardia and had surgery to rectify it. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and can often feel some palpitations which worries me that it will turn into something worse.

I wish you all the best.

Hi, i have heart disease and although not pregnabt yet i am terrified to get pregnant because of it but really want a baby. I have ist its awful but i also have Atrial Fibrillation :-( my cardiologist says i can get pregnant but im so worried how my heart would cope. Like you it goes 150 just vaccuming. How are you getting on, would love to hear? Wishing you all the best & a safe delivery xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->