Mom's of Toddlers

sara1983

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

More of a vent, but just wanted to see if there's any other mom's out there with toddlers going through something similar. My daughter is 3 next month and having a toddler has made things much more difficult this pregnancy! I already have really bad all day sickness, which was the same as my first pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I would get home from work, have dinner and then be in bed by 7:30 watching tv or relaxing.

I'm finding it so hard to have the energy to keep up with her, and I swear she senses something is up because she has been extra clingy and following me around everywhere even into the bathroom!!!

Her night time schedule is also a mess, she's in the process of dropping her nap, but when she has a nap at preschool she isn't tired enough for bed until almost 10 at night and by that time I'm literally passing out standing up. She won't let my husband put her to bed or give her a bath, it's always "Mama". How do people get through it!????

I am truly in awe of women with more than 3 kids because I don't know how I would survive!

Oh, no. You're so early on. I didn't know how I was gonna make it through the day at that point because I was just so exhausted. I am finally getting more energy some days, now that I'm so close to second tri, but I know how ROUGH really early weeks of pregnancy are when you already have a little one or four. I don't think you're looking for advice, so I hope you don't mind this little piece. My kids go to their beds at bedtime whether they're tired or not. If they don't wanna go to sleep right away, that's fine. They can sit in bed and read books for as long as they'd like. Most nights, my kids all fall asleep on their books. haha... But at least putting your LO to bed at the same time no matter what will give you that time to rest. Eventually, they start to settle down at around "bedtime" on their own.

Oh, no. You're so early on. I didn't know how I was gonna make it through the day at that point because I was just so exhausted. I am finally getting more energy some days, now that I'm so close to second tri, but I know how ROUGH really early weeks of pregnancy are when you already have a little one or four. I don't think you're looking for advice, so I hope you don't mind this little piece. My kids go to their beds at bedtime whether they're tired or not. If they don't wanna go to sleep right away, that's fine. They can sit in bed and read books for as long as they'd like. Most nights, my kids all fall asleep on their books. haha... But at least putting your LO to bed at the same time no matter what will give you that time to rest. Eventually, they start to settle down at around "bedtime" on their own.

Oh trust me, I will take any advice I can get! My daughter is a stubborn one and won't stay in her bed if she's not tired. She comes up with every excuse in the book "has to pee, has to poop, hungry, thirsty, too cold etc" it drives me insane!! I try to be consistent with bedtime by 7:30 or 8 but she drags it on and on and on.

I appreciate the advice, I will try anything!

I have a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old. I don't even have time to think about being pregnant. I don't know how I'd be able to deal if I was sick a lot!

I honestly wish I had more advice, even I don't know how I do it. One day at a time I suppose. Just get up in the morning, get through the one day, then it's another...

One day at a time. I stopped feeling guilty over putting on the tv, some days mama just needed to lay down. We told my husbands parents soon after finding out because I desperately needed help with our 2 year old. She's become super clingy to me since I found out I was pregnant. Even before I knew she touched my belly and said baby so she knows something's happening here. Sorry I don't have advice, but you'll get through this!

I say listen to your body. If it is telling you to rest, maybe have daddy play with her or take her for a stroller ride. Have him take her to a playground where there are other kids. Usually wearing them out helps them get to bed. Like the pp said don't feel guilty letting her watch some TV. Do whatever you must to get that rest in. When you want privacy in the bathroom, just tell her that mommy will be back, explain to her that you have to go "potty" and close the door (good way to get her to understand what the "potty" is also). She will probably cry the first few times but eventually it should get easier. I know... 2 yo and 3 yo are hard ages to get through because they can't understand everything you tell them. Make sure you give her plenty of attention during the day when you're feeling a bit better because actions speak louder than words at her age. Good luck, momma! It'll be hard but hang in there!

Thanks everyone I appreciate the advice!!! Just day by day I suppose, and I definitely won't feel guilty putting on the tv or buying her the odd happy meal when the thought of cooking sickens me lol.

I'm lucky she is already fully potty trained so I don't have to deal with any of that XX

It does get easier but I remember those days well especially being pregnant with ds3 when ds1 was 3 but ds2 was only a few months old. I found myself falling asleep on the sofa while the kids ran riot even though my oh was there he's so lazy he wouldn't do anything! I don't know if it's any use for you now but as soon as you feel better I would get your Lo into a proper bedtime routine. We had exactly the same issue with naps and then a late bedtime but actually all 3 of ours have taken to having a proper bedtime and after the first few days are asleep with a few minutes of finishing stories. I know it's not nice while your going through it but hopefully this phase will only last a few weeks

Ahh it's like ure describing my life lol I swear to god the comparison between this pregnancy and my first is like summer and winter .. when I was pregnant with DD, I literally did nothing but relax and watch tv and NAPPPPPP! DD is a bit older than urs but she is still in that toddler mode where she wants me to help her with everything and play with her 24/7 very clingy !! I do open for her some tv but once it's off , she's in a worse mood !! So keeping it off is better for my case ! As for energy, it's zero lol and sometimes I just pass out and snooze off while she's playing but it's not good cuz she is naughty ! She knows when I'm asleep means I can't see her and she would scribble on the walls or play with my body lotion (only when I snooze off she does bad things ! I've told her off about but she keeps doing it)
Anywho, I'm just like u thinking how do other mothers of 2 or more do it!!soooo much respect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->