Moms or moms to be: How long did it take you to get a positive HPT

Cealdi

Reaction score
Okay, I know that tons of people ask this, but it seems like the "answers" are always other people in my situation who are commiserating about waiting. I wish I could get some answers from people who really ARE pregnant, or were, and it would give me some clue about what's going on here.

My partner and I are not really trying to get pregnant but we're not trying not to either. So either way is fine with me. But I feel awful and I'd like to know if I'm pregnant or if there is something really wrong with me, and that's why I'm impatient. My usual PMS symptoms are just a slight backache and then cramping the day I start. I'm not due to start my period for another two or three days, but for the past several days I've been really nauseous on and off, my mouth keeps watering like I'm about to throw up, my boobs hurt badly and keep having this "flushing" feeling come over them like they're filling up or something, along with twinges in them, my pelvic area is crampy and feels full or bloated, I have a really noticeable constant lower backache, and I can SMELL EVERYTHING INTENSELY. I can smell the cat's litterbox right now, which is in the bathroom, and I'm all the way out in the living room and it's CLEAN. I changed the litter yesterday and it's not like she just took a poop in there, ya know? But it smells so bad it's making me sick anyway. I also fell sound asleep at 9pm the other night after drinking about half a beer, which is not normal for me. I am a night owl.

I've taken two First Response early tests, one this morning and one yesterday, and both are solidly negative. Not even a slight positive line, I checked very carefully. So I'm wondering if I should give up and just assume I'm dying of some horrible disease or could I actually be pregnant, but even though I'm feeling symptoms it's not showing up???

It is possible that you ovulated later than you thought hence the negatives still so there is definitely still a chance your pregnant! I only found out just over a week ago I was pregnant and 2-3 days leading up to my very faint bfp I was super tired crazy sense of smell and very nauseous that's why I took the test. But in saying that whilst ttc and even ntnp there was several times that I could have sworn I was pregnant every symptom under the sun yet I wasn't. I think sometimes it's the subconscious (i want a baby) mind that makes these things happen.
I hope that for you it is pregnancy and you get your bfp! Good luck.

When I was ntnp the first time it took me 2 months to get pregnant, I had a positive frer at 8dpo which was a couple of days before AF was due. Main symptom was sore boobs, apart from that I was fine (for a week before ms kicked in!)

I also forgot to add that I got my bfp with my son after 3 and a half years but I have low progesterone and this time I got my bfp after 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->