moms that have been in labor before

mamawolf

Reaction score
How different is labor with an epidural vs just IV drugs? With my son I had an epidural but it didn't work completely then wore off and for the rest of my labor I had IV drugs. I'm trying to remember how different it was but it was 4 years ago. I don't want an epidural this time because it gave me back pain for weeks

I had IV drugs to hold me over until they could get to my epidural. My epidural was perfect and I was finally able to stop shaking continuously. My IV drugs helped some but I wouldn't have wanted to stay with them b/c they wore off quickly.

I just don't want it again because it gave me back pain to where I couldn't enjoy my newborn as much as I'd have liked to. I couldn't bend over to change his diaper without pretty bad pain

I had an epidural last time and I'm going to try and avoid it this time.

I actually much preferred the pethidine to the epidural as the latter only worked on one side so I was still in a lot of pain, with all the downsides of an epidural as well.

I had an epidural with my son almost 6 years ago and I too had and have back pain cuz of it when I bend over like to give a bath and what not I get stuck never happened before and with my daughter I had both the iv meds wore of very quickly and when I was able to get an epidural when the doc was available it worked I felt so much relief I did feel some pressure wasn't completely numb but the pain wasn't nearly as bad as what I was going thru I am most likely going to get the epidural again that pain for me is a lot to handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->