Mom's who have already given birth - question for you!

wifey2013

Reaction score
Ladies, it's my first baby and I'm not sure if this is normal.

I'm 39+1 and I've lost no plug as of yet or had any BH. I get some cramps but not tightning ones, and I really don't think they're BH.

Has anyone here gone into labor but had no signs or symptoms before they started contractions?

I'm 39+1 and I've lost no plug as of yet or had any BH. I get some cramps but not tightning ones, and I really don't think they're BH.

Has anyone here gone into labor but had no signs or symptoms before they started contractions?

Me! Contractions came on in force both times. Preterm labor at 30 weeks and then at 37 weeks when DD was born. My water didn't break at the last time either. The doc had to break it for me.

Yup. My water just broke one morning. No contractions for a while after. Maybe few hours but not painful till 3 hrs before she was born. Never saw a bloody show either.

My first I was fully closed, no effacment or anything at my last appt. Then that night after my appt I went into labor and had her 4 hrs later.

Before LO's birth, I only had slight BH. Then suddenly, contractions came on with force, and several hours later we were headed in. They had to break my waters, and I don't even remember losing my plug until around that time.

Thanks you ladies! I'm a bit more hopeful!!

I don't think BH or mucus plug loss mean anything. I was induced at the night before 40+6 and gave birth at 41 wks. I lost a bit of plug the week leading up to it and the rest came out at the hospital. Had BH sometimes quite regularly that made me feel that I would probably go into labor due to the intensity of the contractions, but nothing. So don't lose hope! It doesn't mean anything!

do you ever feel fine one min and the next minute you are absolutely desperate for the toilet? Thats what my BH have been like with both pregnancies. Never had cramps xx

do you ever feel fine one min and the next minute you are absolutely desperate for the toilet? Thats what my BH have been like with both pregnancies. Never had cramps xx

Yeah, that happens, but I actually end up having to use the washroom... is that normal?

I'm desperately waiting my apt with my OB on Monday. I wonder if I'm even dilated. 4 weeks ago I was at about 1/2 cm.

yep, that's normal. I end up peeing every time

In fact, sometimes I walk out the toilet and have to go straight back in again if I have BH x

Progression before active labor means absolutely nothing!

With dd I dilated to 3 and effaced 100% and she was fully engaged for weeks prior to going into active labor. I went on to have a 12 hour labor the evening of 40+4 with 1 hour pushing.

With ds I was checked the same day that I delivered him and I was dilated to 1 (normal for subsequent children) and 0% effaced with a baby that was not anywhere near engagement (Sunnyside up floating), an HOUR after I left the appt, my water broke and I returmed at 7 cm delivered 1.5 hours later the evening of 38+6 after 2 pushes.

You could say we were completely and utterly shocked by his arrival.

Wow!! I'm hoping things are moving along without seeing signs. :)

Thanks for all the answers!!

I had no signs before going into labour. I had been checked by my ob and no indications from him either. I simply woke up one morning with mild, irregular cramps that turned into contractions and I had my bloody show that morning. Went into L&D about 14 hours later when they were regular. They checked me, and I was still 0cm dilated so they were going to send me home because they thought it was false labour. Good thing they didn't - I was 10cm dilated a few hours later!

I personally had symptoms had BHs throughout and then I started getting more period like pains then contractions started. When contractions started I lost mucus plug and bloody show. I also had a clear out up to two weeks before going in to labour but definitely the morning of.

I have friends that never had BHs or signs and went straight In to labour x

I didn't have anything until my contraction's started. No BH or anything

You do get braxton hicks. Everyone does from the very beginning of pregnancy. It's really just a matter of noticing them. I've noticed them from pretty early in both pregnancies. As for the mucus plug, I never noticed mine in my first labor. In my first labor, I also could feel things shifting in my body the week before and had regular but painless contractions for 2 days prior to going into active labor. If you're not noticing your braxton hicks, you may not notice these signs either. There's a huge range of normal and unless a person has something pathological going on, it probably falls into the "normal" range.

When I was pregnant with DS, I didn't have BH and didn't lose any of my plug until I was into my 39th week, and even then it was only a small amount and I didn't lose any more after the initial clump. I didn't go into labor until I was 41 weeks and had no signs that anything was going to happen naturally until I woke up at 3am with contractions that felt like period cramping and bleeding. I was dilated to 4 and 75% effaced (if I'm remembering correctly on the effacement) at 40 weeks.

Dd#1 I was induced at 35 weeks. No symptoms, early labor with three contractions at 32 weeks.

Dd#2 had an aura about her. I had diarrhea 2 days before, I was sleeping like a log with a nap of 3-4x a day for 3 days prior- I was soooo sleepy. Finally, I starting having sporadic painful contractions that petered out and then came on with a vengeance about 14 hours after they had stopped. The bloody show came after my first cervical check.

I had a lot of false labor about 2 weeks before true labor hit. The day before labor I had no symptoms. The morning I went into labor again no symptoms til my ob appt and my doc stripped my membranes. I went into full blown labor about 5 hours later. I was dilated and effaced for 1 month before labor started. Was 3 cm / 60% til day I went into labor when I was 4cm/80%. My mucus plug was lost several times. Ask your doc to do a membrane sweep (if your dilated enough to do one), if your body is ready then it will jump start your labor.

Harry was overdue I had 2 sweeps 48 hours apart felt nothing different at all I didn't even have Braxton hicks with him went to bed feeling normal woke up had a huge show and was in labor :)
This time I'm still the same looking for signs I have had lots of bh with this little lady so far but I think when it happens it will just happen no warning again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->