Moms with older children

northern_me

Reaction score
Do you feel overly attached to your older child since you've been pregnant again? My DD is 6 and I hate letting her out of my sight. She is pretty stuck to me lately and I like it that way. She has to go to school in the morning after both of us being off for 2 weeks for Christmas and I'm devastated over it. I'm wondering if it's some innate urge to spend as much time as possible with her before my attention is diverted, or if I'm just becoming an overly attached mom!

I have with each of my kids... always towards the next youngest though as they're the ones who I feel are going to be 'traumatised' by a new baby more.

Yes, I'm dreading the return to work and school this morning, I just feel like I want to spend all my time with them :( My DS who's three has started waking in the night again which he hasn't done in ages so he's obviously unsettled too. Along with pregnancy insomnia it's not a good situation!

Definitely, my little boy so upset this morning going back to school as well and I really wanted to just bring him home. I spend ages just watching him sleeping when I go in to check on him before I go to bed.

Luckily we're in a position where I won't be returning to work after this baby so I can pretty much go on maternity leave when I feel like it after 29 weeks so I'm going to leave for the half term holiday so I have a whole week just us two together before baby comes.

My DS is 5 so it's been a long time with him as on only child which I think adds to the clingyness, we've wanted a second for a while and I'm so excited but at the same time nervous about the transition to two kids.

I've definitely found this. And up until a few weeks ago, I was getting really worried about everything in the house hurting him in some way e.g. if there was something on the floor upstairs, I kept panicking he would trip over it and hurt himself - even if it would actually be hard work for him to do that!!
I was even waking up in the night worrying over it. Luckily I'm past that now but I still worry that he will feel left out or that I won't have the capacity to give him the attention he deserves - so I'm making sure to spend as much time as possible with him now.

I think I will just continually worry until this baby is born, then I'm sure it will all work out. It's just scary going from one to two!

I'm on the opposite end with the school issue. My 10 and 6 year olds have done nothing but fight the last two weeks so I was pretty excited to get back to our regular routine this morning!

I'm going to have a nice relaxing day with just my 2 year old today :)

Not sure if it makes a difference, but we are on number 4 here. I do feel slightly more attached to my youngest as each passing week he seems south more grown up. There have been a lot of big transitions for him as we prepare for the new addition :).....Thinking I'll be super attached to the new baby as this will be my last.

I think I'm noticing how much she is growing and learning at such a rapid pace and it isn't helping. I feel like I'm losing time with her every day, haha.

I'm also scared about things hurting her. I've turned into this person who is crazy over cleaning. If the whole place isn't sparkling like it's ready for a magazine, I'm not happy. Even though I'm in pain and uncomfortable I'm still uptight over it. Not my usual style, I'm pretty laid back normally but I'm obsessed with germs or things being out of place the past few weeks.

I have been more clingy with my 4 yo. I want cuddles and kisses and hugs all the time. I sometimes have caught myself just staring at him and how perfect and big he is. It makes me sad and proud at the same time.

I didn't have trouble with sending him to school this morning though! But I have definitely been soaking in our time together. We have made extra effort to take him out and do fun stuff with him before baby.

Yes. I have a c section booked tomorrow and I am in an absolute state over the fact I'm leaving my daughter, I can't deal with it.

Even leaving her with OH for an hour or so kills me at the moment :(

Yes. I have a c section booked tomorrow and I am in an absolute state over the fact I'm leaving my daughter, I can't deal with it.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow mummy! How are you feeling? I hope you managed to get some rest over the weekend. What time are you going in?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow mummy! How are you feeling? I hope you managed to get some rest over the weekend. What time are you going in?

Thank you :hugs:

I've to ring the ward at 7am to find out, I'm feeling a mix of emotions right now but I'm so excited to see my baby, finally!! Xx

No I'm the opposite, I feel terrible but I have so little patience for him right now.

Good luck mummytobe! Xx

Good luck Mummy to be!

I think it's odd/nice that we are the ones clingy with our kids and not necessarily the other way around as one might think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->