money money money ...

jellytub

Reaction score
Hi sorry if im posting this in the wrong place ... just thought the people in here would be most likely to help :)
I just wanted to know really what kind of financial support you can get for bringing up a baby.. My current situation is I am 18, and have just discovered that I am PG (unplanned) and its a complete shock to me and my partner.
we really dont know if we keep the baby or not, and even though I must say I want to now that it has happened, I really think that one of the factors is if we could cope financially.

Iv tried to see what sort of benefits I would be able to recieve, and if it would be viable for me to raise my child on these at least untill I can work.. but I havent had alot of luck.

IM NOT SAYING I WANT TO LIVE OFF BENEFITS AND TAKE ADVANTAGE!
dont get me wrong :) :) its jus diffucult as I am a student (last year or study) and my boyfreind is planning to be at uni next year, so for me its a major issue :(

any help / facts and figures much appreciated

thankyou, and hope everyone is well x

I would say base your decision on what you really want in your heart, the money stuff always works out :)

I found this and hope it helps:

https://212.74.5.238/calc/08/wbc-xpSp08.htm

well congratulations on your pregnancy! something always works out for money so dont worry too much yet but if your a student it depends if you study full or part time on what benefits you would get?

My pregnancy was planned and we too had this worry from time to time. Especially when OH deceided to pack up DJing for a while... Im not going to say its a walk in the park because things were tight from time to time but you get by and things do start to fall into place.

You need to make your decisons based on what your heart tells you just like Mamafy said, other factors really do fall into place

x

Im currently doing a full time art foundation course which finishes in June
LO would be due mid august, so I would have time to struggle through and get my qualification.. and then would just devote the next couple of years to being a mom I guess.

Thanks everyone, I know it shouldnt effect my decision but I cant help but think how horrible I would feel if I couldnt give baby everything it needed. x

Thanks everyone, I know it shouldnt effect my decision but I cant help but think how horrible I would feel if I couldnt give baby everything it needed. x

But think, just a few months of being really tight, finish school and then be able to give them everything they need.

Im currently doing a full time art foundation course which finishes in June
LO would be due mid august, so I would have time to struggle through and get my qualification.. and then would just devote the next couple of years to being a mom I guess.

Ultimately your all baby needs, all your baby needs is your love and care, which i believe you can provide.

I dont know too much about financial assistance, but I know in Australia you can keep a roof over your head on assistance - not too much else, but you can basically survive and while its not ideal, its enough. Plus, free healthcare and 'free' education, so it does work, you can survive.

Also, ask for help, talk to your (and his) family, talk to friends and dont be too proud to accept help for you and your baby, because even when the baby is planned and your ready and you've got the finances and all that, everyone still needs help at the end of the day, parenthood is a hard job and so you dont have to do it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->