month 7 of ttc. please help!

sweetness.384

Reaction score
i've been tracking my ovulation with a calendar. i can't really do the temps. i'm kinda forgetful. so do any of you girls have tips or tricks that could help me?

I don't temp myself but from what I understand temps should be taken in the morning. Maybe keep the thermometer by your bed like on a nightstand or something and do it as soon as you wake up?

Cervical mucus, cervical posiion?

The thermometer gets easier every day. I keep mine on the shelves next to my bed, it was working really well until the morning I dropped it in the bin :dohh:

haha i guess i might go to temping. i also heard about mucinex, does that actually work?

I've heard that can help with EWCM, it's the guiffaisen (sp?) in it that helps thin the mucus. I use EPO, which helps with EWCM and helps tone the uterus (but only take it until you O). Another thing that Freaky mentioned is checking your CM and CP - watery, slippery, raw egg white, and/or snotty CM is most fertile and you may be ovulating. Also, for me personally, my boobs get really tender the day after I O, so I use that to help confirm along with temping. :flower:

The temperature thing, I think you have to do it about the same time every morning. My hours at work were so random, I couldn't do that. I do use a calendar and the ovulation kits too. Still no results....6 years off and on w/ failed clomid and iui also.

The temperature thing, I think you have to do it about the same time every morning. My hours at work were so random, I couldn't do that. I do use a calendar and the ovulation kits too. Still no results....6 years off and on w/ failed clomid and iui also.

Ideally you should temp at the same time every day with at least 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. However, those that have varying work hours (i.e. sometimes grave yard, or 12 hour shifts 4 days a week, etc.) can still temp. They may not be as accurate as if they were taken at the same time each day, but if you take them after your longest bout of sleep each day you should start seeing some type of pattern. They may seem erratic, but your main goal is to be able to get/see a biphasic pattern in your temps. Your temps after O should be higher than your temps before O (even if they look erratic at first glance). :flower:

Definitely temp - I learnt so much about my cycles when I started to take them, and I realised I'd been DTD on all the wrong days.

Also, egg-white CM is a great indicator that ovulation is approaching so if you get that then have lots of :sex:

Around ovulation, your CP should be very high and open as well. Through most of the month it feels like a nose, but around ovulation it feels like lips! (someone else told me that and mine is definitely like that!) x

i've been tracking my ovulation with a calendar. i can't really do the temps. i'm kinda forgetful. so do any of you girls have tips or tricks that could help me?

Ok, so how do you track with a calender:
1. Are your cycles very regular?
2. How long are they?
3. How do you judge when ovulation is? Its very hard without some other indication (temp, opk, cervical mucus, cervical position, etc).
Its fine once you know where in your cycle you ovulate (if you are regular) but if not, its not a good method.

Everyone else has given good adive about what to try though - good luck!

I'd recommend spending some time doing some research as to what methods may work for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->