Moo Moo Cow Juice (Cow Milk !)- how much when ?

minip2p

Reaction score
LO has turned 1 and we are introducing Moo Moo Cow Juice (or milk to the sensible people :laugh2:)

We understand part of the 'weaning' is to cut down on milk but at the moment we are confused as to how much he actually needs per day, I've posted our regime below can anyone offer advice on when we should give the cow milk and when we should give the SMA Stage 3 growing up milk and how to cut down, i.e should we cut it down by 1fl oz a meal and see if he is fine with it or try removing a bottle altogether ?

Breakfast - 7floz (if having cereal 2floz is used for that otherwise 5floz is given) - Stage 3 milk
Lunchtime (Nursery) - dosen't have any milk just water
mid afternoon - 5floz - sometimes cow sometimes stage3
dinner time - 4floz stage 3
bed time 4-5floz - stage 3

Also when do you 'wean baby of milk altogether.

Sorry for asking so many questions but I can't a website that details these things.

What I intend to do is at first to keep her morning and night time milk as formula milk, and then she can have cows milk other times of the day.
Then I will gradually move away from the formula milk (mixing the cow milk in with the formula milk, increasing the cows milk portion slowly) - depends on her really as to whether she likes cow milk or not !
If she loves the cows milk I will speed up the transition.

Of course you don't have to use formula milk, loads of people go straight to full fat cows milk.

From another website I found that 'Your baby needs to have a minimum of 350ml (two thirds of a pint) of full-fat cow's milk each day. If he or she becomes reluctant to drink milk, try offering two portions of calcium-rich foods a day. Yoghurt, cheese, tinned mashed sardines, tofu, white bread and chick peas all contain calcium.'

Hope that helps :)

Ella has 3 bottles a day (sometimes 2 if we're busy and don't get her afternoon one in) and they are all cows milk. You can use full fat cows milk in his cereal from now. I don't think it's necessary to have the toddler formula as my baby eats a full and healthy diet, but that's up to the parents whether they keep using formula or not. Your baby should continue to have milk or calcium rich foods forever really! They need the milk for the calcium in it.

I still use stage 3 formula milk for her 2 bottles a day. I have tried her on cows milk though which she seems to like. They say formula has more iron though so i'm unsure about changing her at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->