Mooncup

lovehearts

Reaction score
Hiya ladies,

just been over to ttc and noticed a thread on mooncups. i had never heard of them before so did a bit of googling and found out exactly what they were.

for anyone who was as clueless as me : https://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

Has anyone on here ever used one? i am very tempted as i hate carrying round tampons and we cant flush them at work :shrug: i think it would be a lot easier having something that you just 'empty' 4 times a day. the only thing im worried about is leakage?! anyone got any experience.

thank you :thumbup:

xx

Yup, i started using one about 8 months ago, and i wouldnt go back to anything else now! If u can get over the ick factor of seeing blood that actually looks liquid, theyre the best thing ever!

The only time i had leaks was when i hadnt put it in properly on my 1st go. They do suggest u also wear a liner in ur 1st month, just incase u dont put it in properly. Basically, when u put it in, u fold it up, n then then let it unfold inside u to create a seal, well i hadnt checked that it had unfolded! lol!

I found it much more comfortable than tampons (which i find can "pinch"?) n once its in there properly, u really cant feel it! And it feels much cleaner than sanitary towels.

Really, its no more icky than seeing blood on a towel or tampon! Hope this helps?

Thank you for the reply.

i dont mind the ick factor to be honest, think it could be quite interesting :) I just cant believe i have never heard of them before. do the normal shops sell them or do you have to order online?

xx

I really want to give it a go but to be honest am scared to! I have endo and as a result tampons leave me doubled up in pain, so scared to try the mooncup incase it has the same effect

I bought one about 6-7 months ago and have never gone back. (I actually heard about them through spying on BnB). i still sometimes get leakage problems but when I don't it is so much better.. you can leave it in all day at work and not have to worry about it until you get home if you want with no risk of TSS.

Also saves loads of money. cost me £20 to buy and is supposed to last for years and years.

I definitely would recommend trying it. I don't think it is much worse in the squeemish department than changing sanitary towels tbh but maybe that's just me.

I've never told OH about it though and he has never discovered it so don't know what he thinks

:)

Edit: they are also much more comfy than towels and tampons.

Thank you for the reply.

i dont mind the ick factor to be honest, think it could be quite interesting :) I just cant believe i have never heard of them before. do the normal shops sell them or do you have to order online?

xx

I got mine from boots! Ive also heard that they should last your entire menstrual life! Tho there are 2 diff sizes: 1 for after childbirth, and 1 for before, so obv this needs to be taken into account!

Im tempted to get one but then i think il wait untill after iv had my first kid, i dont want to spend £20 on something and not get my moneys worth out of it.

i've bought one to ttc with, but going to try it with af too, heard lots of good things bout them

OMG how thick!!!! You put it on afterwards to stop it getting out :dohh: Sorry and that is before a glass of :wine: :dohh:

^LOL!!!! :)

I want to try one of these, but I am a bit scared about it! I will get round to it at some point. I just mentioned it to OH and he gave me a horrified look...don't think I will be talking about that again anytime soon!

:lol:

lol i mentioned it to OH too, he also looked horrified!!!! Ill wait untill pay day and get one for next cycle as iv nearly finished this months yay xxx

the onl thing that worries me is when i'm out and it needs emptying how you meant to wash it in public spose could take wipes, and also if theres a toilet in the baby changing room would be ok. would have to plan.

kirsten my oh gave me a right look when i showed it him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"