More bad news

Nerdy Girl

Reaction score
Wednesday there were ten or more people outside of our house(including a cop and a contractor) so I sent down my fiance down to see why there were so many people. The cop in formed him that it was an auction, confused he asked if the cop would explain. The cop then explained that it was an auction to sell this house, that our land lord no longer owns it, it belongs to the bank, and it was foreclosed. So he then walked down to town hall to get more info, they told him to no longer pay our landlord rent... and to save it for the bank. Our landlord had not even told us, we tried to call her and she would not answer he calls, so we texted her. The next day she texted us back to let us know the information we heard was correct, and that it was happening before we moved in.. and she never told us. But what ever the problem was unable to be settled so the bank took the apartment. When we moved in we payed her first and last.. plus we don't know how long the bank has owned the apartment. Meaning she cashed the check knowing she may have owed us money, and or we already payed her for the last month. Which means she owes us at least one months rent. Oh.. not to mention she, and the town hall said the bank or the new landlord reserves the right to kick us out..We can afford to get a new place if we need to.. BUT this is a day situation, a bad x-mas present, infuriating, and just no fun.:xmas21::confused::dohh::sad2:

That sucks.

Not sure where you stand legally but i would get out your tenancy agreement and have a look as ours has a clause in it about what happens if the landlord sells the house. This isnt quite the same obviously but it might give oyu an idea where you stand.

Like you said not the time of year for it. Really hope you get somone who buys it whose happy to continue renting to you.

:hugs:

That is so wrong. I would do as ^^^ says and see what your tenancy agreement says or even go and see a solicitor :hugs:

I would definitely speak to a solicitor. That is so unfair it surely can't be legal?! However it might not be worth the money to pursue. :shrug:

I hope you get it sorted, what a sucky thing to happen at Christmas!

Sending big hugs :hugs: Thats so shocking!!
Id deffo get talking to someone about your rights etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->