mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
how many
fleece liners
boosters
nappys (ive got 29 so far)
do i need?

do u have to have a meshbag in the bucket?
if so do u wash the nappys in the mesh bag?

ive got bamboo boosters how many washes will they need before using?
with the nappys will an over night soak n wash be enough for all types?
do all the stains come out using eco balls? i wont need to strip them ever if i use eco balls will i?
sorry so many Qs

29 nappies is a good start hun :D
Fleece liners-one for each nappy if you want. Its cheaper to buy a meter or half a meter from ebay and make them yourself.

You dont need meshbag in bucket but if you do use one it can go in washer unzipped so nappies fall out and move around enough to get clean.

The bamboo boosters will take 4/5 washes to get to full absorbency but leaving them to soak overnight in a bucket of water the first time can help speed this up:)

The nappies dont need soaking in anything jsut put them straight into the bucket after wearing and leave for a day or two till you have enough for a full wash.

Not sure about eco balls cos I use soapnuts

Hope that helps :D

How many nappies you need will depend on how often you are going to do a nappy wash and how long they take to dry. I wash every night and the ones I use all the time at the min dry overnight on an airer so I could get away with like 6 or 7 (one day's worth.) I used to use different ones that took 2 full days at least to dry so I had lots more of them, 3 day's worth and that was cutting it fine sometimes.

Fleece liners are so cheap you may as well get lots/ make lots.

I don't use a mesh bag. (I dry pail my nappies.)

ETA- just remembered it's bamboo you have, that will take longer to dry (48 hrs ish on a clothes horse) so unless you plan to tumble dry/ hang on an aga/ in sunshine or something like that you may want extra ones of those so you can reuse the nappy without having to wait on the bamboo insert being dry.

Hope what I've said makes sense!

29 nappies sounds fine, it's more than I have! If you're planning to use fleece liners all the time then it would make sense to have at least a dozen. You won't need as many liners and nappies because they dry much faster. Boosters will depend on the type of nappy you are using and how heavy wetting your baby is. Personally I wouldn't buy many (if any) to start with and just buy more as you need.

You don't need a mesh bag, but I think they are fantastic. I can just lift the bag out of the bucket into the washing machine without having to touch the dirty nappies, and they all fall out during the wash cycle.

Bamboo takes quite a few washes to reach full absorbency, but soaking them for a few hours will help. You can use them before they reach full absorbency as long as you remember to change slightly sooner.

There's no need to soak nappies overnight (unless it's a first wash to help build up absorbency). Most people nowadays do dry pailing rather than soaking, so you just put the nappies into the bucket and wash them all when you've got enough.

Eco balls and soap nuts don't tend to get out all of the stains, but hanging the damp nappies in sunlight will do the job nicely. You won't get detergent build-up so that will reduce or remove the need for strip washing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->