More questions!

bumphope

Reaction score
We've just been out for pizza (yum) and to write a list of what we need for baby. I've sort of got my head around travel systems and the bedroom furniture and what we need for the house but I'm so confused about clothes!

What am I supposed to buy? Given I'm having a summer baby?

What is a vest? Is that like a baby onesie with short sleeves and short legs?
Then do I need the full body onesies?
And why do the books suggest cardigans even for summer?
Then I guess I want a few pretty outfits too...
Do I need one of those grow bag sleeping bag things for bed time, or will he/she be too hot in that with a onesie in the summer?
And what is the blanket suggested for?

How do I know if the baby is too hot?!

Not freaking out at all............ If someone could give me a few examples of what I'd dress the baby in during the day and over night that would be realllllllly helpful.

I'm not going to buy just yet as I know it's still early, I'm just trying to make sense of it all!

Steep learning curve!

X

My baby was born in May and I live in Georgia (in the US). I dressed her in onsies during the day and she slept in either a onsie or a sleep and play. I did use halo sleepsacks bc even tho it was hot outside I kept my house at about 68. I also swaddled her at times (when her colic was bad) and for that I used the aden and anais muslin swaddle blankets (check those out; they are great for summer babies). I don't think I'd invest in too many outfits though. It's just easier with a little newborn to have them in a onsie. Not sure about the cardigan. My baby has never been in one. Good luck and congratulations!!

I live in Wales (cold all year round) and for my DS he had loads. To be honest i wouldn't bother with pretty outfits, my DS was constantly getting changed because he was sick or he soiled his clothes etc, in my opinion clothes wise all you need are vests and full onsies a few cardigans and a coat or winter suit just in case
also for the first 2 months i didn't bother with a grow bag but after LO was older swore by them, for bed just use a vest if its boiling or a full onsie

Thank you :)

I just don't know where I'm meant to learn all this stuff! I'm so worried!

X

Most of my friends told me they wound up buying too much stuff. That onsies are a staple in the first 6 months. I've already got a medical grade double electric breast pump so that I can leave baby with dad and get a breather. I've been told this is vital to your sanity and really important to help dad's bond. I found mine used for around $30 while it retails well over $100.
I think you can also pop out if you need anything once the baby is here. I'm pretty bent on doing cloth diapering so I"m going to get a few different newborn styles and see which ones I like. There's some great deals on ebay and there's a local used shop where the lady pointed out the benefits of each brand. Same with the body carriers, she recommends certain wrap style carriers over others and said it's really great to be able to meneuver about the house with baby next to you and two arms free.
I've been told never ever to get a used baby monitor, the batteries run out and are too expensive to be recharged. Get these new.
I don't want to buy too much stuff, I'll just have to turn around and sell it which to me means more work!

Saying that:haha:I am getting a great little baby diaper bag. I LOVE Desigual bags and have my eye on this one for baby & I <3
desigual.jpg

Thank you! Great tips there! And duh, I hadn't thought about actually going out if I decide there's something else we need!!

I'm also keen to use reusable nappies and I think I've found the ones I want. I love your idea about a designer changing bag, I hadn't thought of that as an idea either! Guess what I'm googling right now.......!

X

this is a vest https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-My-First-Unisex-Bodysuits-–-7-Pack/LX0108,default,pd.html its also called a body suit

you will need sleepsuits (onsies) nd cardigans for when it gets chilly , as baby will ge cold only in a vest all day

you wont need outfits for the firsst few weeks only vests and sleepsuits. its a pain trying to dress up a newborn

th grow bags its up to yu, i bought them but didnt get on well with them, we just used blankets

blankets can be used for laying baby on the floor, breastfeeding discreeting, swaddling and putting on baby

you put your hand on the baby to feel how warm they are :flower:

dont worry! you will be okay

Thank you thank you thank you! That makes wonderful sense.

I have done a lot of googling on the whole 'baby clothes' subject and I think I am finally getting to grips with it....

I have a list of things I think we need, I'll try to post it tomorrow or Thursday - hopefully it'll help us all!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->