More sad news.

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
It seems like this is the week for sad news.

Mr Foo's dad died yesterday morning. And to make matters worse, I'm up in Aberdeen visiting my family and wasn't even there to comfort him when it happened.

Granda Paris was a young man - only 67 years old, but he had been in poor health for many years and had been in a care home for the last 18 months or so. He was diagnosed with a "cerebral atrophy" about 6 years ago. This is the catch all diagnosis they give to a type of degeneration of the brain which happens for no known reason. These atrophies are usually syptomatic of things like MS, Parkinsons, Huntingtons, Muscular Dystrophy, but sometimes they happen for no apparent reason.

Over the years we have seen him slowly lose the use of his muscles and other neurological functions, cruelly, the last thing to go in these situations is often the cognitive functions so he has been aware of what is happening. In some ways it would have been so much better for him if he had lost his marbles too. Thankfully one of the last things to go was his speech so at least we have been able to talk to him.

We didn't think he would ever get to meet Abby, he wasn't expected to last until this time last year, but happily he was able to meet her and even see her grow from the newborn ickle Abby to the personality she is now.

Mr Foo asked me to stay where I was until Friday so he could be with his mum and do what he needed to do. (Oh and he hadn't hoovered yet:dohh:) I'm looking forward to giving him a big cuddle.:hugs:

Gayle, im so truly sorry for your family's loss :hugs: grandpa Paris sounds like a great man. Bad timing could not have been prevented and im sure Mr Foo will stay busy and strong for the family :hugs: x

Gayle I'm so sorry. He did sound like a wonderful man. Please send my condolences to Mr. Foo too. :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I thought I'd share this with you, it was a photo we took a few weeks ago and we love it!

https://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/original_foogirl/09-12-06e-1.jpg

Aww that is nice Foogirl! Nice to have something to look back and remember him x

Ooh I am so sorry to read this...big hugs to you it is not easy losing a parent, I lost my dad last year in January so know the pain you are going through. I am so pleased Grandpa Paris got to meet Abby and the photo will be treasured by her when she is old enough to understand...x

So sorry to hear that, big hugs to you all. Lovely picture xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"