Morning After Pill with preg symptoms

Melbmum92

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having a major panic attack here.

Regular periods run on clock work, I had sex (unprotected and unwillingly) :(

He came in me, I got the morning after pill the next day, however I feel as though that may not have worked as my dates and body think I have ovulated a day or two before sex.

10 days later I had pink spotting in my knickers (the day before this I had mild cramps)
And since then I constantly have heart burn, even if I don't eat anything.

Could there be a possible chance I may be pregnant?

Any advice is much needed and great full for.

Thanks ladies

I am SO sorry you went/are going through this. So so sorry. I'm glad you posted here and I hope we can help you through this a bit. To clarify, you think you ovulated a day or two BEFORE this happened? Could you give some more detail about your cycle? How do you keep track of it, how long is usually is, etc. What day are you on now? Have you taken any tests?

I'll wait to hear back and reply again. Hang in there love.

Thanks Hun that means a lot!
It's never happened to me before :(

Ok, periods run on a perfect 28 day cycle and they last 5-6 days.
I started my period on 24th Jan, approx date when I get clear mucus detecting ovulation was 5th-6th (day 12/13)
Had unprotected sex on the 6th at night and had the morning after pill late 7th afternoon.
Heart burn everyday since the 4th day after sex.
Exactly 10 days later I had cramps and spotted once in my knickers.

I'm due for my period on the 21st (so 3 days away)

I never ever ever ever get heart burn! My last pregnancy (DS 3years old) heart burn was my first symptom as was a few specks of blood in my undies 10 days after sex.

Have a cheap eBay HCG test for tomorrow morning but with my son I didn't show a BFP until 3 weeks after my missed period.

I hope I can get some support/info out there 😖

Ugh I'm just so sorry you're in this situation :( Do you have someone you can talk to? I just don't want you dealing with this alone.

It is quite unlikely that you would be pregnant having taken the pill. From my understanding, it works in a few ways - delay ov, prevent fertilization, prevent implantation. And statistics are pretty good, I just looked it up - but not perfect. It's not impossible that you're pregnant but not likely. Very disconcerting tho that your symptoms are reminiscent of a previous pregnancy.

Keep in mind that because the pill contains hormone(s), it can make your cycle a little wonky. I am hoping that this is the reason for your out of the norm symptoms.

It's possible that even tho you didn't test positive until late with your son that it won't take so long to get an accurate test result this time. As hard as this is going to be, try not to panic if your period doesn't show up on time because it could be the pill throwing it off. I would encourage you to test tho, as soon as you feel comfortable doing that. Can you get a bunch of super cheap ones? Dollar store? Also, is it possible to go for bloodwork? That will tell you sooner...

So sorry, friend :( I am SO hoping for the outcome you want.

Thanks heaps :)

That put me a bit at ease!
I have a few days to go so if it's a no show then I'll get blood work :)

I have mum for support but the father wouldn't be around as in moving interstate in 2 weeks.
And battling a court issue with my sons father for relocation of a child 😣
Pain in my arse a second pregnancy is not what I need.

I will keep posted over the next coming days!

Again thank you for your kind words and support ❤️

Sounds like you're dealing with a lot :nope:

I'll be thinking of you, make sure to update and post in the meantime if anything changes or you want to chat <3

Took a little eBay cheapy this morning come up with a negative but still keeping my wits about me.

This damn wait will be the death of me hahaha

Yes waiting especially in your situation would be so hard :wacko: Good sign so far tho <3

Currently laying in bed feeling little cramps :)
So this is a good feeling for me! AF might just be around the corner!!!

However, earlier today I had a beer (my ultimate love) and I had one sip and couldn't drink anymore. So that's a big WTF moment! I never turn down my beers.

Have heart burn again for the umpteenth time today.
Could be from the Chinese food :shrug:

AHHH few more days to go... :wacko:

I forgot to add on Sunday (8dpo) I experienced a sniffly nose throughout the day, then again today.
And I was freezing cold yet mum n dad were in shorts and shirts, here's me wanting to put pants on.

So not sure if my head is being naughty and tricking me.

But I wish my brain would shut off &#128514;

Bump/update

Due for AF today no signs yet.

Increase in smell I could smell my housemates fragrance but she's on holidays :/
I'm off my coffees, the water tastes like foil!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->