Morning After Pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
Ive got a sneaky feeling this thread may get locked but just wanting some opinions.

What do you think of the Morning after pill? I was speaking to my OH last night about it as I had to take it :shy: and he said he classes that as an abortion.

So, what do you think?

I don't class it as that at all. I have had to take it a couple of times. You take it within 3 days of having sex, you may not have even 'conceived'. Does that mean using a condom is also an abortion as you are not allowing the sperm to reach the egg, in the same way as taking a morning after pill in a way. Just my opinion.x

I don't consider that as anything to do with a termination. The morning after pill prevents a pregnancy from occurring altogether so they're completely different board games.

I am fully against the other for reasons other than ethical ones. But I fully support the use of a MAP :thumbup:

I then felt guilty taking it cos he thought that. A few of my friends have also said it too

Maybe they don't understand how it works? If you'd have already conceived then i'm sure the MAP doesn't affect the baby? So its completely different and nothing to feel guilty about.

As I understand the morning after pill works by delaying ovulation, if you have already ovulated at the time of taking the pill it will nit work and you would have the same chance of conceiving as if you hadn't taken it, it wouldn't have any effect on an egg which has been fertilised so no I don't think it us anything like abortion. How insensitive of OH to say that to you though. I hope you're ok :)

I don't class it as that at all! It is emergency contraception, there's a difference imo.

I had to take it once before, not long after me and oh got together the condom broke, it was only the second time we dtd and we knew we weren't ready for a baby at that point. The next morning we went straight out to get the map. Didn't appreciate the way the woman was speaking to me about it though when she gave it to me, she was acting all judgemental like I was careless and that I hadn't used any form of contraception at all even though I explained what had happened:growlmad:

Maybe they don't understand how it works? If you'd have already conceived then i'm sure the MAP doesn't affect the baby? So its completely different and nothing to feel guilty about.

This, if you read the booklets then it actually states this. :thumbup:
Once a pregnancy has started it will have no effect.

So IMO 2 different things. :)

Why create a thread you know is going to get locked because you quite simply and knowingly opened a conversation that is against the rules? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back