Morning sickness beyond what I expected....

Beckajean101

Reaction score
Ok.....so I'm needing some advice from other moms out there. I haven't eaten more than a half of cup of food in four days. I can't keep anything down other than the occasional sip of power aid. I feel horrible....I was having morning sickness and it would subside a bit after I puked giving me the chance to eat....but now as soon as food touches my tongue I gag. I feel horrible....weak....and I keep getting told that I'm killing my baby.....I just don't know what to do anymore. My first appointment with my dr is set for two days from now....and I'm not trying to sound melodramatic....but I just don't think I'll make it that long without something happening. To clarify I'm about 8 weeks in. I went to the er night before last because I was so weak I couldn't sit up. And I had no appetite. My temp was 102....they released me when it got down to 101 and said I would be fine. Keep in mind that they are not a pediatric hospital but the only one I could get to, i wrecked my car a few weeks ago and now have to depend on others when they are available. They gave me a zofran at the hospital and prescribed me more, at first I felt wonderful....I ate almost a whole small peach....and then I read up on zofran and I refuse to take any more of it.

I felt a little stronger after that although my temperature keeps yo yoing and my throat feels swollen on the inside. Last night it was 78 degrees in the house and I was freezing....shivering freezing. After piling on four blankets and taking another Tylenol I had the strangest sensation. I wasn't cold anymore....I wasn't warm....I wasn't anything....it lasted almost all night before I started burning up and had to uncover.

This is my first pregnancy and I know I probably worry about nonsense.....but I can tell when something is wrong in my body....and I literally feel like I'm breaking down. I want to do the best I can for my baby.....but everyone telling me just to force myself to eat is not helping. I can't swallow while gagging. But no one seems to understand that....does anyone else have an experience like this?....I know you guys can't give me medical advice.....but would you try another hospital? I feel like I'm getting worse by the hour. I know it's gross but I pooed for the first time in four days a few hours ago, very very little but it killed me to push it out. I wasn't comstapated......but it felt like the action of pooing was just unbearable.

I'm at my wits end....all I can do is cry and occasionally pass into a restless sleep from which I wake up gaging or puking up my poweraid or bile. I'm beyond myself right now......I really need some mothers advice....

You need to do something, the not eating part is not going to hurt your baby unless maybe you were severely underweight but the not getting fluids part is not good for you or baby, I understand not wanting to take the zofran, I'm the same way, I would try to find a homeopathic dr in your area asap that could maybe advise you on a natural remedy or look into certain vitamins, I've heard that b6 or b12 can help with nausea-I'm sorry, it sounds miserable!

I'm concerned about the fever as that can be a symptom of ectopic pregnancy, if you have any shoulder pain that is also big sign. If your bowel movement was difficult because it was very painful, abdominal pain is another symptom. I think you should find another doctor because the dehydration is what is so dangerous about severe morning sickness, a severe case that causes dehydration is called hyperemesis gravidarum.

Honestly, I hate prescription drugs too, but if you can't eat or drink anything you are putting your body and your baby more at risk than the small risk of side effects from the drugs. Dehydration, ketone production (toxic substance produced by your body when it is in starvation mode), and lack of nutrients are far more dangerous. If it helps, you may not have any other choice than to take the Zofran. Ask if there is another safer option. If it is a normal pregnancy, you should also get your vitamin levels checked, I've read quite a bit about magnesium deficiency being a major cause of morning sickness. I'm taking magnesium glycinate now to hopefully avoid it. Most people are magnesium deficient now because the soil is depleted.

Good luck and I hope you get the care you need. I definitely think you need to see another hospital or doctor to get taken care of properly. <3

I have had hypermesis this pregnancy and have been in hospital more than Ive been home so far. At first I was hesitant to take any meds as im a bit of a crunchy mamma and prefer the natural route but when it got to the point where I realised the sickness was effecting my child and putting me at risk of another loss then I soon changed my mind. There are lots of other meds rather than zofran. And my advice is not to google them as your only ever going to read horror stories. Doctor Google is a scaremonger.

One thing I'd say is unusual though is your fever? It sounds more like some kind of infection, illness rather than morning sickness. I'd defo get yourself checked out very soon.

my sil had hyperemesis with both her pregnancies and was medicated without any problems for the babies. You can't force yourself to eat and the people around you need to realise that the baby wI'll be fine even if you are not eating. It is more important that you are not dehydrated and that you rule out infection or ectopic ppregnancy. Get yourself to the doc asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->