Morning sickness (only nausea)

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced only nausea and not sickness? if so could the dr help you at all?

I had lots of nausea, but zero vomiting. I never really talked to the doctor about it. I found it rough and sort of wished I would have the relief of being sick, but according to others it isn't actually any relief. I just did what everyone else does and ate things that would settle my stomach (crackers, bread, etc).

By the time I saw my doctor it was mostly over so I didn't mention it other than to say it happened. If it is really bothering you then definitely call your doctor and see what can be done. I hope you feel better soon!

Oh yes, I think this is really common. I never threw up with any of my pregnancies, just kept feeling like I was about to! And my sister had really terrible nausea until 20+ weeks, but never once vomited, which (although obviously it's better not to vomit) is frustrating in its way because no one takes you seriously even though you feel like absolute sh*t.
I think there are things you can take that are anti nausea, basically the same things they give to women who are actually being sick, but this would be only if they considered you really needed it, I guess. Otherwise it's pretty much a case of finding what works for you in terms of avoiding certain foods/smells, eating or not eating at certain times of the day, and finding something to have or chew or suck that helps you a bit. Personally I brushed my teeth a lot when I was going through this phase! Hope you get some relief soon.

Thankyou both, my issue is the constant feeling rough is making me feel very depressed and I don't know how much I can cope with

I think if that's the case the doctor will probably be able to help you out, especially as you have other kids and it's affecting your ability to function.
If they don't, you could always consider the possibility of telling the porky that you have started being sick.

Thanks darlin i can just about manage the school run i am so so tired i neve had this with the other pregnancies

Yep, I had this with both of my pregnancies. I still get bouts of nausea but its a lot better now. I was on medication both times too. Its another form of hyperemesis gravidarum. Its no fun and I am so sorry you are suffering from this.

Yep, I had this with both of my pregnancies. I still get bouts of nausea but its a lot better now. I was on medication both times too. Its another form of hyperemesis gravidarum. Its no fun and I am so sorry you are suffering from this.

Thankyou so much to you and everyone else who took the time to reply, I went to the dr today and she put me on some meds, because it has been getting me so low and obviously the past mental health she is watching my low mood also and have 21 anti sickness tablets, can go back hopefully if I need more, thanks again girls :) x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->