Morning sickness!

PeppersCastle

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was just wondering if any of you had severe morning sickness in the second trimester? Mine started out so badly I had to be put on meds. Sickness went away for a week or so and then came back with a vengeance. I'm nauseous literally from the second I wake up to the second I go to sleep, and I'm currently throwing up anywhere between 3 and 8 times a day.

I've tried to eat ginger biscuits and other ginger related foods, eating bland foods, sucking on sour sweets, not laying down right after I eat, eating small meals, keeping myself hydrated, B6 vitamins, etc etc

Is there anything else you ladies would recommend to try and ease the morning sickness? Thank you :)

I get nausea now that I'm in second tri withcarby sugary foods. Crackers, toast, fruit first thing in the morning, noodles. Anything that breaks down to sugar has me wretching over the toilet. If I eat protein first I can handle carbs or a piece of fruit. But fruit first and I hug the toilet. High hcg levels can trigger nausea with sugary foods as we're more sensitive to insulin spikes (which occur by eating carby foods without pairing with protein).

That makes sense. So a bit of scrambled egg or something for breakfast?

Always. I had to stop eating oatmeal, cereal, toast...I now have turkey scrambles with veggies & cheese on the weekends (after 5+ bites of this I can handle toast), or scrambled eggs, at work today I had an egg, bacon, sausage pannini, or greek yoghurt (I always have to ensure the protein content is higher than the carb content) with fruit.
When we do lunch it's usually veg/a meat and I tell them to replace the noodles or rice with veg. I had the same with my first pregnancy and this time with twins the hormones are higher and it's worse, I couldn't even think of having an ice cream I'd be over the toilet so fast! So when women tell me all they can eat is crackers and they're soooo sick I'm thinking for me, the sugar in the crackers would be the thing making me sick. I don't feel like eating because I'm sick of veg & protein but I have to. I can't wait for the babies to get here so that I can enjoy my food again!

I took your advice and ate protein for breakfast and lunch, scrambled eggs, and had a boiled egg salad for dinner last night too. I actually felt better all day so I'll definitely stick to doing that and see where it goes.

Thanks for your advice!

Oh wow, I'm super glad to hear it worked for you! We're meant to be getting a shwack of protein anyway so that baby can grow so it's not only good for you but necessary for baby too.

My doctor says I'm measuring 14 days and 1 day and I have horrible nausea! Zofran doesn't work so I'm on Phenergan. I'll be fine eating and then suddenly I gag up bites of food, even on the medication. I felt good tonight so hopefully it is just a phase!

The protein first worked really well - I had an omelete this morning with peppers and spinach - didn't feel sick at all until late afternoon and I'm pretty sure that's because I didn't eat or drink for five hours

I'm on Phenergan now too, it seems to compliment the more-protein-less-carb diet well :) I hope your sickness eases soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->