Morning sickness

TOHARD2TRY

Reaction score
Not coping well with sickness, I'm currently 6+4 , please tell me it doesn't last for long, I never had it with my son ! Me and this sickness are not best of friends right now :cry:.

Anyone tips to try ease it! I can literally cry right now!

I feel for you, I've had it terribly and it is so debilitating!

For standard morning sickness eating little and often can really help, things like crackers, even before you get out of bed in the morning. Also staying as hydrated as possible. I find sucking mints helps a bit. Don't worry too much about WHAT you eat, so long as it's something. Get as much rest as you can as tiredness really makes it worse.

If you are finding that you are really struggling to eat at all, are having a hard time holding anything down and are vomiting constantly you likely have something called Hyperemisis Gravidum. I had it with my daughter and the usual tricks won't work for HG, you will need medication. I was on cyclizine from 9-24 weeks with my daughter and have been on it since 7 weeks this time around. It is completely safe to take and really does help. It's really worth speaking to your doctor if you're struggling, even if you don't think it's HG.

Good luck xx

I had bad all day MS with my son and I have it again even worse this time! I agree, talk to your doctor. They can prescribe you something. I am coping with B6 and Unisom just because I don't want to pay for the prescription version even though I know it works better! Im just hoping that since mine started at 4 1/2 weeks it will end a little earlier! With my son it was bad until week 12 and tapered off. Every pregnancy is different though so you just have to do what works for you. Lemonade works really well for me at the moment too.

Thought you ladies might like to know that the OB that admitted me for re-hydration in my first pregnancy said HG or extreme sickness is much more common with girls. Was certainly true for me, I have a daughter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->