Morning with kids vs without kids

Equreuil

Reaction score
I came across this on an image sharing site: https://imgur.com/gallery/9vb79bn

It's a comparison between how mornings go with kids versus without. At first I thought it was kind of funny, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to think about how exaggerated and skewed in favor of not having kids.

A lot of the comments are skewed that direction, too.

I still think it's funny, but in a kind of stupid misinformed way. I mean, before my son, my mornings weren't that blessedly amazing even if I did sleep in. Although I don't know the future, maybe mornings will become that crazy for me, but my SIL has 3 kids and hers aren't like what this chart describes.

Haha definitely over exaggerated but it's just trying to be funny. I have a 2 year old and there's no chance of a Sunday lay in, but he gets up at half eight, not 6, and will usually snuggle and watch tv in bed with us for twenty or so minutes after, and I feel quite refreshed :shrug: then eating breakfast together is nice and enjoyable. I do miss my lazy Sundays but it really isn't that bad!

:lol: Bit dramatic but still, funny, I do get up at 6 but only when I'm at work and that's only because my alarm clock wakes me, on my days off my two can lay in till 8:30 or even later sometimes. I don't think my mornings are quite that chaotic though, it's usually the LO's glued to the tv and me having to nag them to get dressed etc! Also, on the occasional mornings I don't have the LO's when they're with their Dad or Grandparents I don't get up at 11, that seems so late! :haha: must be getting old or I'm just used to getting up early.

Haha this has made me laugh. And for me at the moment, while my normally great sleeper is fighting sleep, it reads pretty accurate. Think we all go through phases where it feels as tough as this piece is poking fun at!

HA that was funny, 'the kid is putting a spoon in the dogs ear' made me laugh without a baby i never stayed in bed until 11.. okay maybe once or 2ce but only if i was up late, never out of choice, once im awake im awake. i used to until my dad would come and either take my quilt and put it in the bathroom, or pour water on me, even now ive moved out i dont dare stay in bed past 9.30am LOL

I find it pretty funny :rofl: The 6am one defiantly rings a bell x

Definitely over the top, but still funny. I don't think I've slept in til 11am since high school? I can't even imagine doing that now; I'd probably have a massive headache the rest of the day from getting too much sleep! Gotta say though, the rare morning without kids when they are staying at grandma's house or auntie's house, sleeping in until 8am or so is just bliss. LOL. My mornings aren't nearly as chaotic as the examples listed, but it is quite a rush with everything needed to get done to get out the door, and getting up at 6am daily does suck.

Well i get up between 8 and 9 with a toddler. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->