Mortgage with a defalut

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
I have a default on my credit history.

Me and OH went bank today and he can get a mortgage of 122k but we never put me on it as I have a default.

I called up Credit Experian up just then and they have told me to send an email to their customer service people to explain situation which I have now done.

What I want to no is if anyone has been in a position like me before?

Can you guys get a house based on Your ohs Wage?

I think you would get a mortgage deal somewhere with both of you, but you could be punished with a higher interest rate.
In order to get the best deals on mortgages, you need a clean credit score.

How old is the default? They won't show after 6/7 years of being on there(can't remember exactly)
Is it an option to wait for it to drop off?

If not, I'd go with just your oh on the mortgage

Loads of people get a mortgage with a default. Less favourable rates, but if it's just one default you stand a decent chance

I'm not sure why you have to email the credit reference agency though?

I had a defualt and I couldnt get on our mortgage without getting hit with a stupidly high rate, They said to us, as long as you stay default free for 12 months then it shouldnt affect the mortgage app xx

I would speak to a mortgage broker (whole of market broker). They will know which companies are likely to accept a default and also which ones offer the best rate if you do have one x

If its only one I'm sure it won't make a massive difference, it's only if its happened a few times it might be an issue.

My DH has a default on his credit file (not down to him but his step dad who got a loan out in his name without DH knowing - legal battle ongoing) and we were refused a mortgage by halifax, is it still possible for us to get a mortgage then? we couldn't do it on my wage alone as i'm not on very good money x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->