mortified!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
iv just been called fat by my four year old daughters friend

i dont want to be the fat mum at the school gates
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Awww bless :hugs: I wouldn't worry, kids come out with all sorts!

I bet her mum was more mortified!

her mum isnt here, shes just called the other little girl fat too, and she is a little overweight bless her x

her mum isnt here, shes just called the other little girl fat too, and she is a little overweight bless her x

Aww no, I hope the little girl takes no notice, horrible when they take comments like that to heart :(

A lad of about 8 asked me to my face why i was so ugly when i did work experience at his school. I was only 16 and i took it to heart and felt awful, but theres no need, kids just say random things, things that come out of their mouths to provoke a reaction and they sometimes don't understand just how hurtful it can be. Don't stress :flow:

4 year olds are fascinated with body shape i think. Amelie was watching strictly on sunday and when lisa riley came on she said 'that lady is fat with a fat tummy and fat boobies'. Shes also said daddy has a fat tummy and i have a fat bum :roll: I just explain to her that its not very nice to say that about someone and everyone comes in all different shapes and sizes.

see my daughter wont even say the word. she knows its a naughty word. She says i have a big bum lol and i say, so will you if you look like mum ;)

but god i hate that word "fat"

:hugs: I hate that word. My brother uses it when he's being an idiot in a tantrum because I've got him into trouble (he's 9) and calls me a fat idiot or whatever..And now my 3 year old calls me fat in temper when he doesn't get what he wants. I know I should take no notice I'm a model I wouldn't be if I was too big, but I've always for as long I remember had weight and body issues and used to be anorexic and I do still take it to heart, even though I shouldn't. Everyone I know tells me how fat my bum is, my sister my Dad my son, but I think big bums are amazing :D

You're not fat no matter your dress size don't let anyone (especially LOs that don't really know what the word truly means and how hurtful it can be) tell you any different :)

My ds says I have a huge tummy haha and he is right! But he's never used the word fat and either has my DD I don't like to hear them say fat but I guess it's going to be unavoidable

:hugs: Kids say things all the time, try not too take it to heart.

Kids are terrible like that, though usually they just say that you're really old :dohh:

I dont want my babies bullied because im fat :( but she saod it to an overweight girl that was with us, but not my dd whos slim, so she obv knows what it means.

Kids just make observations like that and often it sounds much nastier than intended - I once asked my Mum very loudly on a packed bus if, when she got married, she had a really spotty face like she normally did (she's always had trouble with blackheads, literally all over her face) :blush:

my little girl is obsessed with the wrinkles you get on your fingers and toes in the bath, she loves pointing it out to me... but then I was bathing with her and she took great delight in telling me I had a great big wrinkly tummy. I was gutted haha! I told her its her and her brother fault lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->