I got bitten last Tuesday in my garden, I think it was a mosquito

The bites were on

One on my neck
One one my chest
Two on my left hand
Four on my right arm
Three on my right foot
Four on my left foot

The ones on my feet and right arm were the worst, one on my right arm formed into a big blister which Rhys accidently popped a couple of days later

They all seemed to be healing and I was having no problems but yesterday they got itchy again and my feet and right arm have gone red and slightly swollen

I am trying hard not to scratch them but its really hard, why would they have got worse again

I haven't got any new bites

I know it sounds really weird but try putting nail varnish on them.

lifehacker.com/5577582/use-scotch-tape-or-nail-polish-to-relieve-an-itchy-mosquito-bite

I did this once and it really works. Does sting quite a bit when you do it though. it never itched again after that.

They could be infected?? I had one once on my ankle and I always scratch bites!! After a few days it was swollen, red and hot to touch and I could pnt put much weight in my foot, doc said t was badly infected and antibiotics cleared it up.

I did try to get an app at the drs but I can't get an appointment till next week and I am going away for the week

I think I will go to the chemist and see what they say

My left foot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
My right arm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 15
I'd try and get an appt with your GP to have a look at it. May have got infected hence going red and warm again. Looks sore - hope they go soon. I react awfully to bites so feel your pain.

Yeah your foot deffo looks infected hun. Can your GP not do emergency on the day appointments?? Maybe if u explain the situation to receptionist (that your going away) and your pretty sure u just need antibiotics they might help.

ouch! Those are either infected or causing some kind of allergy!

I had an allergic reaction to some bites that looked like that...a shot of cortisone cleared it right up. It's best to get seen by your doc first to figure out if it's an infection or allergy and get the appropriate help!

As for the itching, a good natural way to help with that is using vinegar! I always itch really badly with bites and vinegar calms it right down

I couldn't get an app with the dr but the chemist did say that my foot looks infected and the dr would probaly give me antibiotics

I had a prescription from the dentist for 5 days worth of antibiotics last week that I wasn't gonna use cos I don't think my mouth is infected but I might as well use them now

I also got an antihistamine cream, I have a feeling my extremely bad hayfever is probably playing a part in this too.
My immune system has gone haywire at the moment

I really wouldn't take antibiotics you were prescribed for something else without speaking to a doctor first. Different infections need different antibiotics and/or different strengths. They may work, but they may not and you may actually do more harm than good. Go to a walk-in clinic instead :)

I think it will be ok, after all I was suppost to be taking the antibiotics anyway

At the worst it won't work so I will have to go to the drs at my mums, as my mum is a nurse I am hoping she might be able to give me some advice when she sees it

Lol that's exactly what I would do!! I keep all unused medication in case i need it in future. To be honest I'm nearly always given amoxicillin for everything!! Hope it clears up. Try the cream too, a pp reminded me in allergic to certain bites and my GP gave me piriton once when I thought it was infected so the cream MIT have some effect.

Aw hun your foot, leg looks painful. Do you have a NHS walk in center near you, they would have a look at it for you i am sure. We took LO last week and they gave us antibiotics for a ear infection. xx

I wouldn't take antibiotics that weren't prescribed for it either. just get a GP appointment.

this is what all mosquito/midgie bites go like for me, it's so annoying but I just put cream on them and leave it. you're not going to die or anything, you don't really need antibiotics.

take an antihistamine?

by the way thank you for posting about the nail varnish PP! I'm going to try that when I go on holiday :D

As I said I was meant to be taking the antibiotics anyway, the dentist proscribed them last Wednesday

Hopefully the antihistamine cream will help although your only meant to use it for 3 days

but that was a dentist and he prescribed them for something different :wacko:

I wish people were as quick to diagnose themselves with having nothing wrong with them as they are to prescribe themselves antibiotics :lol:

So what's the problem, surly if I take them and it gets rid of an infection that may be in my foot it's all good

Some times you can be right if you self diagnose, a dr once told me off for self diagnosing myself with conjunctivitis when I did have conjunctivitis

Thanks for everyone's help on this thread, I think it can be closed now

Thread closed, at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79