Most surprising thing about pregnancy?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
What do you think?

For me it was constipation. People tell you about morning sickness, fainting, sore boobs, poor bladder control etc... But no one mentioned constipation lol

The heartburn. The super tight tummy that squeezes on your stomach and makes it so that you can't lie down after eating without barfing. :sick: lol

Probably high chance of getting piles in 3rd tri and them taking min 6 months to 1 yr to go back to normal.

The most surprising thing i found was that you spend the first trimester sick and gross, the second is ok and the third getting huge, piles, stretch marks, varicose veins etc etc and then you go into labour thinking - sod this! and then a few days or weeks later you say to youself

'Coooo it wasnt that bad, i would love another one!'

WTF?! Are we actually mentals? hahaha

WTF?! Are we actually mentals? hahaha

Yes we are :haha: After giving birth the first time most people say "oh nooo never again!" but I said "thank god I'm only doing that one more time".

The nausea surprised me. I thought eh, I can deal with puking a few times for a few weeks! But no, it sticks around well past first trimester and takes over your whole life. Can't eat, can't cope with any smells, can't even smell my OH without my stomach rolling. And it's there all bloody day too, nothing "morning" about it.

I cant believe how much the kicks and movements can hurt!!!
I knew about back ache etc. but was never prepared for trapped nerves and sciatica!!

I had no idea about the BLOAT! Oh, and on and on with the bloat! And more bloat! Good grief, at night I think Im about to pop open like an overfilled water balloon. Awful!

I had no idea about the BLOAT! Oh, and on and on with the bloat! And more bloat! Good grief, at night I think Im about to pop open like an overfilled water balloon. Awful!

It gets worse. :dohh: LOL :hugs:

Once the bloat subsides, my biggest advice is do not eat a normal sized meal!! Ever!! I didn't have morning sickness. Didn't have heartburn in the beginning. But now...OMG!! :growlmad: I'm fine all day until dinner. Do not eat big meals! :haha: I've now thrown up twice this week from heartburn after dinner. :nope:

Yeah I had bad heartburn in first tri which has subsided since I learnt to eat more slowly. I thought it was just towards the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->