Mother in law announced our pregnancy news on facebook.

Sru

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just a few days back I found out that I was pregnant. We have been TTC for the past 6 months. Me and my husband were really happy and decided to announce the news to our very close family. However my husbands mum posted it on facebook. We didn't know about this until some of our random family friends asked us about the baby. Both of us were so pissed off. We asked her to remove the post but the harm was already done. The whole of town knows this news.

I have heard that people don't make it public until 12 weeks. I have also heard that it is not good for the baby as well.

I am only 5 weeks 3 days and haven't had my first scan yet. Fingers crossed

I would be furious. It was not her place to announce :x

Reactions: Sru
Sorry to hear about your careless MIL.
Id be furious too

Oh wow that is so out of order! I would be mad too! Why on earth did she think it was her place to do this?!

Most people don't announce till 12 weeks cause they want to have had their first scan and be out (or almost out) of the scary first tri. But it doesn't affect your baby whether you tell people or not, so don't worry about that.
FX all goes well and you have a happy and healthy prengnacy.

My MIL announced the gender all over Facebook before we even told other family and friends first, i was absolutely raging! She did take it down but everyone knew by this point :(

What she did was wrong but it won't hurt the baby

I'm sorry this happened to you, she was definitely out of line! Hope everything goes well for you!

I'm sorry this happened. So not cool!! We would be very upset. Stick together and take care. This too shall pass. Prayers for baby's health!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->