Mother in law applied for teaching assistant post at my sons school?

I wouldn't like it!!

What an awkward situation:wacko:

It's a tricky one..... personally especially if she is clingy already I wouldn't like it. It's hard though as if she has applied you can't do anything about it! Did she ask you?

When you say she is very clingy and needy can you expand?
How often does she see them and for how long? Does she have any other grandkids?

I wouldn't like it and can see why you would want it just as your thing for your family especially if shes been there at every single milestone in the past

I would be pissed if it was mine :rofl:

However the bright side is you have someone to look out for him there too!

I think a child at school needs their own identity, which is why I would never teach in my kids school.

I guess in a big school not in their class, it might be ok.

BUt was this a job she would be doing anyway or has she applied to be near your child?

I hate my MIL so it would be a massive issue for me. But if you are on decent terms it wouldn't really bother me. Depending on the size of the school etc she may have very little to do with your LO.

My mum was a teaching assistant in my primary school! I hardly saw her there to be honest as she wasn't with my class.

If it was my mil I wouldn't mind at all but I do get on really well with her.

If as you say yours is clingy and needy of the children then I wouldn't be as keen.

Is she applying in other places for teaching posts I general? Or specifically at your LO's school?

My son is at the school I work in, which is a smallish school and I hardly ever see him. I might see him in passing in the corridor or at lunch but not very often. He's in year 2 and I work in year 3. I'll be moved when he moves up to year 3 because of the family connection. Your MIL wouldn't be put in your child's year group so she would most likely not see you LO very often. I really wouldn't worry about it xx

My mum worked in my primary school and then in my high school. I don't remember disliking it at primary school but I do remember being very clingy to her in school which probably wasn't a good thing for my own confidence. She only started working at my high school in my 6th year there (when I was 17) and I didn't see her much as it was a large school and she wasn't in any of my classes. I disliked the fact that school was no longer my place to develop my own identity though. I don't think it's had a negative impact on me but I've made a promise to myself that I'd never try to work in my kids' schools. I'd definitely be disappointed if my mum or mother in law applied to work there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->