mothercare my4 to quinny buzz 3!

ukgirl23

Pregnant with a rainbow
Reaction score
so I brought the mothercare my4 a few weeks ago, I loved it in the shop but after I got it home and played with it, I slowly started to hate it, I hated everything about it, it's big and bulky and squeaks when I move it, it's really flimsy and the covers didn't even fit right :growlmad: . After begging my OH to sell it and change it, which took a lot of persuading!! I opted for the quinny buzz 3 in blue :thumbup: does anyone have this and what do you think of it?

I used my friends quinny once on my daughter when we were out shopping and I loved the way it was easy to move and smooth to push, I'm buying the carry cot for mine too and already have the maxi cosi cabriofix so I'm quite happy. I can't wait to get it home and test it out!! :haha:

Ive had a buzz before and hated it, bulky, hard to push, not much coverage from the uncanopy etc... but everyone is different :)

I bought the buzz3 and have the cabriofix and carrycot :) I can't tell you how it is because this is my first baby and OH refuses to have the buggy in the house just yet so I haven't even had a proper play :-(. It's so light and compact though which is why I went for it as I'm quite petite (as is my car haha). Hope you love it!

I did think the canopy was a bit short but then you get the parasol clip free with the buzz so I guess I can just buy the parasol if it's a big problem, for the first 6 month's he'll be in the carry cot anyway which takes us to october so by that time I wont need the canopy so much... hopefully lol

oh no amylouise!! tell OH to stop being a meany and let you play with it! I'll let you know what I think of mine when it gets here, I'll put up some pics too, it's due for delivery on the 10th which is a pain :(

I did this last time lol!!
First of all got a silver cross thing, slowly started to see all the flaws in it, then took it back to mothercare and swapped it for an oyster lol! They were great! Also had problems with the britax shr car seat, so ended up swapping that for a maxi cosi lol!!

I only ended up using the oyster for 6 months anyway (it was only really good as a car seat pram for us) but got a good second hand price for it when I decided to get a babyjogger.

Hope your Quinny is nice when you swap. I reckon they go well second hand like the oyster did, which is handy if you get fed up with a big buggy 6 months down the line like me lol!!

I've got a giant beast of a buggy this time (needed a tandem for long walks) but don't anticipate using it for very long either!

Ive been told I have to keep this one even if I hate it haha! I had 5 pushchairs with my last baby.. Im a bit addicted to them!
I really like the look of the oyster! xx

I had the quinny buzz 4 and loved it. It was quite heavy but I wanted a sturdy pram as I was out with thw dog alot. I used it most days till my sone was about 2 and a half. Thought I would end up getting a small fold away stroller but didn't feel I needed to. The only problems was going away as it took up a lot of space in the car and wouldn't be practical on a train/bus etc but that would be the same with any travel system. Hope you enjoy it x

We've just bought the quinny buzz from mothercare in red. Waiting for foldable carrycot to be delivered so haven't put it together yet but I love them. I've wheeled them about before and I think it feels sturdy but light enough for me to cope with. I'm only small and have a bad back so it seems to work. We tried the shop frame in our car boot with the foldable it took up no room at all.
Can I ask why mothercare wouldn't just let you return the other one, had you used it outside? We were told even if we got it home and put it together if I changed my
mind i could return it.

I brought my other one second hand from a discount baby store, Im going to return it tomorrow I paid £150 and haven't taken it out it's literally just sat in my room for a week or 2 so I should be able to get my money back on it. I'm hoping to spend that money on the quinny dreami carrycot in red :D xx

If you do get the carrycot kiddiecare do it for £129 and mothercare will price match. It folds down so small. :)

how do I get them to price match it? Do I need to take something with me there? xx

I just told them I'd seen it cheaper elsewhere and they had a big sign satin they price match certain companies. Kiddicare was one of them. I looked on my iPhone and they were able to look on their computer. Deal done :)
Oh yeah bear in mind you want to ask for "rebel red" it's the name of the old colour that quinny are discontinuing but it's the exact same shade as the new one. The new shade of red is £165 and the old is £129.95!!

ooooh thank you so much for the tip!! I will do that! :D xxx

You're welcome. Mothercare price match a few companies do its worth having a look online to see if you can save more. Our pram was £250 with 10% off (dh haggled as it was a returned item, still sealed in box) then they price matched out carry coy an we got our familyfix base and pebble car set for £240 so it all worked out much less than we had originally planned to spend. Check John Lewis, kiddiecare, tesco and amazon as I know for a fact mothercare p.m them!

Ooh I forgot we got an extra £10 off our car seat bundle by using an online coupon. The company was babysmart! It should arrive tomorrow, very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->