Mothercare Smart nappies?

JessiHD

Mummy to Joshua :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

A little early to be thinking of these things but I am thinking of using the Mothercare Smart Nappies when my bubba arrives. Has anyone got any opinions on them? Any top tips? Can I start using them straight away or should I start on disposables first? Can they be used over night? Any other brands that I should look into?

Thanks for any advice! :flower:

Jess

they r great !!!! imo i'd use disposables to start off with to deal with all the sticky pooes !!

also i'd not buy your whole stash in one brand till you're sure you'll tget on wiv em and they fit bubs well - some nappies fit some babies really well, others they go no where near!

if you're interestted in other brands i'd recommend fuzzibunz bumgenius and blueberrys to get you strted :hugs:

hope this helps some........ if you have any Q's please ask away!!!

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

I was thinking of getting the starter pack and seeing how it went with them.

good plan!!! look on e bay tho, they go a bit cheaper than instore!!!:thumbup:

I'm a big smart nappy fan too. They are really great, but like you said, it would be a good idea to get a trial pack in before you commit. They are fine for overnight with two of the inserts in. Like sara said I would try and get those nasty sticky poo's out of the way in sposies, and when you first bring bubs home you probably won't feel much like the extra washing straight away either. xxx

Leyla was three weeks old yesterday and we've been using Smart Nappies for the last week and a half or so. I LOVE THEM! They're really easy to wash, super quick to dry and very easy to use - even hubby likes using them.

My tip would be to either wait until your baby is born to buy them so you can choose the best size, or go straight to the small size rather than getting newborn. Newborn fits 4-11lbs and small is 6-13lbs so there's not much difference between them, especially if you have a big baby like I did. I think the newborn ones have a lower front for the baby's tummy button but we just waited till it fell off and then started with the Smart Nappies. For the first week and a bit, we used disposables because I didn't want the yukky newborn poos staining the nappies and I didn't want to start extra washing that soon. So far, we've used nearly four packets of disposables, which handily is the number I got free/on various offers like the free Boots changing bag.

So far, the longest Leyla has slept is about five and a half hours but the Smart Nappies held up pretty well. Once you're in the small size, you can use the newborn size inserts as extra boosters to make them last longer. They're bulkier then, but still not as bad as other nappies I've seen.

I also bought lots of different types of nappies to try, but honestly I'm kind of wishing I hadn't bothered now! I've only actually tried a few of them so far because Smart Nappies are so easy... and at 3am, I'm not really fussy about pretty designs, I just want a nappy that's quick and easy and leak-free. I'm sure I'll get round to using them eventually, but they're not needed.

To get by with Smart Nappies full time and wash every other day, I bought two of the starter packs (each with 4 outers and 8 reusable pads). That'd probably be enough if I was a bit more organised and put washing in at the right time, but I've found I actually need just a few more than that.

Thanks so much Rachel. Such useful information. Think that we'll get some disposables for the yucky poos. DH has never changed a nappy before so probably a good idea to get something simple to use! I like the fact you can use the disposable inserts too, so if you're out and about you can use them rather than carrying around a bag full of poo.
Will probably buy the small size rather than new born. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to have a big baby, my husband was premaure but weighed over 8lb and I was 10lb, I'm only 5 foot so I am a bit worried how it's going to get out!

By the way Sara, just looked on ebay and massively cheaper! Good tip lady. Xx

Does anyone know if you have to put disposables on them when they go to nursery or will they deal with Smart Nappies?

:thumbup: they are fab i brought the newborn ones and then the small ones,and now i have the medium ones and i use the newborn middles as nighttime boosters for my mediums!! i have a couple of blueberrys and some tots bots bamboozles but i love love love my smart nappies-just a shame they are in boring white!!

you can use disposable pads in them which makes them super flexible depending on what you are doing!!

defo a :thumbup: from me for them!!

Does anyone know if you have to put disposables on them when they go to nursery or will they deal with Smart Nappies?

I think I remember someone on here or another forum saying her nursery would charge if using cloth, so worth checking

tbh i dont see why they wouldnt be able to use them, if they wont why not see if they will use the disposable pads on them while LO is at nursery... imo i dont see why they wouldnt use them, they are just as easy as using sposies...you might need to buy a few extra wraps then have then all made up for the nursey that way they will literally have to pull one off n put the next one on n chuck any wet/dirty ones in a bag for you to grab n deal with when you get home???

sara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"