Mothering her TOO much?

Hmm, she has fussed a few times but I think she likes being on her own. Maybe it was me being clingy and not her.. :blush:

Charlotte is with me all day every day too. I started school about 3 weeks ago though (Mon/Wed night 6-10) so she's had to learn to go w/o me for a bit and be with DH or her grandparents. Just this past week she's started freaking out if I'm not the one holding her though, she doesn't even want DH..YIKES! She does love her exersaucer and playmat though...they're a life saver, eh?

I pick Bella up almost as soon as she starts to fuss. I definitely let her play on her own though if she's happy. The older she gets the longer I will let her fuss and learn to comfort herself. I also think that being carried all the time isn't great for them developing other skills such as crawling and rolling and such (that being from a first time mom who's baby can't really roll over so take it for what it's worth).

I used to hold max all the time , but since he started playing with toys I now make him have alone time (supervised) in his play pen and he seems to enjoy it ..if he whines I let him be as hard as it is but I have no choice ..in the am when hes awake and i want to sleep in I have a camping matress i pull out in his room and we both sleep in till 10am I wont have him in my bed as it well its my bed dammit lol I love my son to bits but i need my space too ..

Once hes had his alone time he plays on my lap or bites my fingers and we do mom and son stuff till he doses off again

my bouncy chair is a god send it has vibration and that settles her right down if im in the middle of something.:happydance:

Hi
I've got 2 children and have brought them up in two completely different ways. My son (now 3) was formula fed (after 5 days) due to problems breastfeeding. He slept in his moses basket for the first six months and then went in to his own room. I think I did everything the standard way. I now have my 22 week old daughter. She is breastfed, sleeps with me and I never use my pram, I always carry her in a sling.
It was her Christening yesterday and she was golden. She was with lots of different people and she wasn't crying for me. She was very content. I'm quite pleased that she hardly has to cry and I think she is secure in the knowledge that I'm there if she wants me. She plays happily in her jumperoo and on her baby gym. I don't think she wants to be with me every second of the day, and I definately think she enjoys her play time, amusing herself.
In short, I'm not worried about her being carried and being near me as when she wants to play etc, she will.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, wasn't calling it neglect, should've explained more or just left it to margerle, i'm no good at these things. see ya!
:dohh:

Don't strop Sara! This is this discussion another is another ....honestly no need to remove tickers and sulk! Maybe read/explained wrong ...please correct me if it is the case if it wasn't yu know I jus don't like the NSPCC adverts being used as examples lightly nothing personal just my opinion ....

:D

I am currently going through the same thing with my little girl (she will be 5 weeks old on Wednesday). I find that I and/or my bf carry her for the majority of the time during the day. I also breastfeed and let her fall asleep on my chest sometimes. I noticed that she makes noises when put down. It is hard not to pick them up when they start to make a fuss. Now I am going to start making a conscious decision not to rush and pick her up on the first peep. It is sooooo hard though.

I usually rock or let her fall asleep on me before I put her down. Tonight, after feeding and burping her, I laid her in the bassinet. She squirmed and made some noise for a few minutes. Eventually she settled down and fell asleep.

I think Sara was only trying to assure Toria that what she is doing right now isn't wrong and is actually good for Caitlyn.

I do agree with a lot of the aspects of attachment parenting, but it really does depend on the individual and what's best for your family.

She is already getting quite shy though. If people she isn't used to speak to her she will bury her head into me and grin.. It's cute, but I don't want her to be like that forever!

Toria i wanted to share something interesting with you, I also used to pick my baby up at every whinge, then one night i asked my husband to watch him, he put him in the bouncy and he started whinging, at that point i would have taken him out but i let DH do his thing after like a min he stopped whinging and stated playing. he only does this with my husband! its a learned behavior.

i think if you pick older babies up at every winge then they will learn then if they winge you will come running babies are very clever and they no what works lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->