Mothers day/fathers day

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
Since all or families have two mums/two dads (or would of you were in a relationship) I have a question..
What do you do about mothers/fathers day? We don't celebrate it at the minute because the fact there are two of us sort of cancels it out - we can't make each other breakfast in bed etc. i would love to do something for my wife but she would hit the roof of I made her breakfast in bed (because she'd have rather have done that for me) or got her a gift.
I was just wondering what everyone else does :)

Our first daughter decided to call me "Meena" when she was just 10 months old. So on father's day, we have always had "Meena's day" instead. Since we now have another baby, and I am mommy to her, Kim is being called "Mim", and therefore we will have "Meena's and Mim's day" on father's day and "Momma's and Mommy's" day on mother's day.

as there is distinction between fem and masc, there is also disctinction between mothers and fathers.... but i think there should be a family day !

I'm not a same sex parent so I hope you don't mind me butting in with an idea? :flower:

Mother's Day in the UK is a different date to Mother's Day in the US (and a lot of other countries for that matter) ... so why not have an 'official' Mother's Day each? ... then you both get a chance to spoil and be spoiled :happydance:

The same Works for Father's Day too :thumbup:

Since Noah only has me,his godmother got me stuff from him and I got her stuff from him 2,since u cud. get godmother cards.If I had an OH,we wud just get each other stuff since we'd both be his mummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->