Mother's Day vent

jd83

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
It's Mother's Day in the US, and I got nothing. I've posted on other threads about it being really awful for a DH to get you nothing, even if the kids are too little to do it themselves, so can't even believe that I'm now the one who has gotten nothing. So my Mother's Day weekend has basically been caring for the kids all weekend by myself, because DH has been working from around 7am-10pm (he's a farmer, and its planting season). Not that I don't normally have them by myself on weekends when he's working, but MOthers day weekend would have been nice to have some help and get to relax for a few hours.

I missed going to the Mother's Day lunch at his mom's yesterday because he asked me to keep the kids home because his grandma was going to be there, and she just had a chemotherapy treatment. My kids both have colds right now, so not great to have around her after a treatment when she's very vulnerable to getting sick. Fine, I completely understand that, so I kept them home and missed the lunch. We stayed in most of Saturday since they are sick, and they were just monsters all day, fighting with each other, throwing all their toys all over the house, screaming the place down. So I'm exhausted. Then woke up today, DH grabbed our mother's day gifts (which I bought) for his mom, and got ready to head out the door. I asked him if I was getting mine before he left since he'd likely be home late. He said, Oh I didn't get you one, I've been too busy. WHAT???? Mother's day didn't just pop up out of nowhere, its been on the calendar ALL year. And I mentioned multiple times how nice it would be if they made me a card or something, didn't even have to be something he bought, just something to show effort and a project done with the boys. I went out to dinner Tuesday night with my best friend for her birthday, and he had the boys for about 3 hours without me there that they could have done something for me. So my day started out just fantastic.

Then after he left, the boys are of course fighting nonstop again, but I'm so upset about being forgotten that its all just really getting to me today. So I've yelled quite a bit today, and feel awful now. The kids are napping now, so I guess I can relax for a little while, but just needed to vent. Sorry for the long rambling session.

Awe honey, happy Mother's Day!! :hugs:

https://images.sharefaith.com/images/3/1269457316971_733/slide-12.jpg​

Sorry your Mother's Day was awful xx

:hugs: I'm sorry you didn't have a good Mother's Day xx

OH and I are both not big on special days. (we dont do much on birthdays either, depends on our mood. oh doesnt like to be reminded about him aging. :haha: nor do i (i turn 29 first time this year and wont be getting older than that :haha:.)
only lo's birthday gets a small get together.

So i dont expect anything to be done , also not in future, I prefer little thoughts and gifts throughout the year, rather than because some one set a date which is where you have to do something special.

Thanks ladies:) I told him this morning that I was pretty upset that he didn't think to do anything for me, even though I know he had time with the boys that they could have made me a card or something. His response was that he thought an inexpensive necklace I had bought over a month ago was my Mother's Day gift, and that he thought I didn't want anything else....Umm say what? Why on earth would something I bought myself a month before mother's day qualify as a mother's day gift? That logic wouldn't work with Christmas or any other holiday. Oh you bought yourself a shirt a month before Christmas, guess you don't need a Christmas gift from me since you're already taken care of. Yeah, logic doesn't work there, so why should it work for Mother's day? Anyways, I'm still pretty annoyed with the whole situation. I could understand if this wasn't a big deal in our family, but it is on both sides of our family. I bought both of our mom's very nice Mother's necklaces, and nice cards from us, and nice grandma's cards from the boys. I just for the life of me don't understand when he sees me putting that kind of effort into our moms, how he thinks I just don't need or want anything because "I already bought myself something randomly a month ago".

I can't believe he thought that something you bought yourself a while ago would be a Mother's Day gift. Sounds like he is trying to think of a way out of that one!

I'm sorry you had such a bad day :hugs:

Big hugs honey, sorry you had such a crap day, that's pretty thoughtless of him xx

Update: He ended up feeling so badly all that day after I went off on him about it, that he came home early from work and took us all out to dinner. We talked about it some more, that I don't want to feel like I'm unappreciated, and he agreed to do better, so he's forgiven now:) It was still pretty crappy of him to treat Mother's Day that way, but I do think he got the message how upset I was, and he won't be doing that again.

Aww I'm glad he saw the error of his ways and took you out for dinner. Hopefully he will consider your feelings more in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->