Mothers instinct did you know the sex of your baby before you found out?

I thought DS1 was a girl
I thought DS2 was a boy
This one I'm wavering. I think my gut says it's a boy but maybe because I'd love a girl that's making me believe girl if that makes sense :shrug:

hi im popping over from 1st tri too :) I knew on my son before it was confirmed right from the start cant describe how I knew I just did this time my symptoms have been a little different my lil bump is all out in front last time it was all in d ass :haha::haha: ive a sneeking feeling its a girl but wont find out this time til I have he or she :D

Thinking of dreams, before pregnancy I had plenty of dreams of us having a baby boy so I always thought our first would be boy. But since being pregnant I haven't really had dreams toward a specific gender. Although the other night I dreamed we did our gender reveal and inside was yellow because we weren't allowed to know:haha:

With my son I knew he was a boy before it was confirmed........I had numerous boy dreams, even one where I painted my car blue to match him. I always referred to him as "he" so I was convinced and I had convinced everyone else also that they called him "he".

With this pregnancy Im not so sure. Ive had a dream where I gave birth to a female cat.......I was changing its nappy and everything and a dream where my father (deceased) was holding up a landscape piece of A4 white paper and in big black bold letters it said "its a boy".......so Im guessing this one is another boy also. Wont know until deliverly day though as we are not finding out with this one.

I have a 100% failed guess rate at guessing the sexes of my friends' babies and also my own. :dohh: We'll see about this time!

With katie I felt like she was a girl... oh said boy!
With this one iv felt boy from the start and had a dream last night I gave birth to a boy and he was smaller than katie was at birth. We find out on Monday so will know for sure then if my instinct is right :) xxx

I definitely felt like this one was a girl! It was no surprise when my docs agreed with me :)

I personally don't believe in mothers instinct as regards to gender. Throughout the years on BnB I've seen many ladies swear that they knew what sex they were having, only to be completely surprised when they were wrong. You have 50% chances of being right, so obviously you do get it right a lot of the time

I was sure my daughter was a boy up until about 18 weeks. My husband kept saying it'll be a girl on the 20 week scan and he was right!

Thanks for all the replies. My mother instinct was always backed up by my symptoms which were different in my girl pregnancies to my boy ones. So I would just wait for my symptoms to kick in and knew straightaway I was right.

How exciting that most of you will be finding out soon. Boy or girl I'll be happy as long as baby is healthy but I can't wait to find out what we are having so we can sit down our eldest 2 and tell them (both mother hens and adore having siblings).

My instinct has been spot on with each pregnancy. I knew every time it was expecting girls.

This time even though all my cravings and symptoms pointed to baby being a boy, I just knew I was having another girl, and I am!

X

I have symptoms that point to boy so now I'm pretty sure it will be another boy. I'll be surprised now if its a girl even though mother instinct is telling me it is.x

I knew a million percent that our son was a boy, there was no question! I'd of been so shocked if he came out a girl!

With our daughter I first had a huge girl instinct but then I really wanted a girl so convinced myself she was a boy, that made me have no instinct at all from then!

I just knew my first was a boy. I even bought some boy clothes before my gender scan.

With DD, I wanted a little girl, but her pregnancy was so identical to DS's that I had myself convinced that it was another boy.

Right now I have no idea with this pregnancy, although I am slightly leaning girl.

With my son I knew the whole time it was a boy when people would say maybe it's a girl I would say nope I'm sure it's a boy, with this one as soon as I found out me and hubby started calling her a she we just felt it and sure enough we were right , although at 21 weeks and 2 u/s confirming it I'm still not convinced just because we want a girl so bad I can't believe it came true. Congrats on your new baby and I'm sending baby girl dust your way!

I wanted to update after finding out yesterday! Although I was clueless, DH was correct in knowing she's a girl!:pink:

First one...yes without a doubt....this one, I was leaning boy and I was wrong...but never really knew

I was wrong! We thought boy but scan says girl! Xx

I feel like this one is a girl, but I don't know if it's because I so desperately want a girl!

I absolutely knew my first was a boy and this time I have the same strength of feeling that I'm carrying a girl...we shall see!!

Congrats Mrs Dragonfly and Carly on your pink bumps.

As the weeks pass I'm getting more and more excited to find out. I've started window shopping already since we will need to try and spread the cost out for this baby. DS1 birthday next month, DD2 birthday the month after and a holiday to visit my inlaws and then christmas after that means everything we buy will have to be in the january sales lol). So I've started making a wish list of the things we need for a girl and all the things we will need for a boy.x

The day I found out, I said 'Omg! I'm pregnant! IT'S A BOY!' lol.
I literally bought clothes for HIM before we even knew he was in fact a boy, because I was so set that we would hear blue at our ultrasound.

I was getting a 15wk ultrasound and I kept saying 'Look how cute he is!' or 'He's so active in there!' and she looked at the femur and ended up looking between the legs and she just goes '..You might want to stop calling baby a he...' WHAT?!

Confirmed at 16wks that baby is actually a SHE and then again at 17wks for another scan - Definitely a girl! Shocked didn't even begin to describe how I felt! haha! We would have been thrilled either way - Gender doesn't matter next to hearing that she's healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->