Mothers instinct did you know the sex of your baby before you found out?

babytots

Reaction score
Popping over from first trimester to ask this :)

With previous pregnancies I just knew whether they were going to be a girl or boy and each time I was right. This time my instinct says girl but I'm worried that if I'm wrong I'm setting myself up for a huge fall. Don't get me wrong I'll be overjoyed if its a boy but we would love another little girl to complete our family.

So did mother instinct kick in for you and was it right? x

I knew with ds and I don't have a clue with this one xx

I knew immediately with my son that he was a boy but this time around I can't trust my judgement because a part of me really wants a girl to complete a family of 4 but there is something inside saying this one could very easily be a boy... I will be thrilled either way I just can't trust myself lol we are staying team yellow until the birth so we have a while to wait!

with my first, I knew he was a boy from the start. First name that popped in my head after finding out I was pregnant with him was his name (old wives tale says that the first name that pops in your head is the gender of baby).

This one, I had no instinct at all. I hoped for girl, but at u/s we had at 23 weeks, tech said looks like a boy, and we briefly saw it, but she moved on too quickly for us to really see. But now looking back at my pregnancy so far, I'm sure the u/s is correct and we are having a boy. If he turns out to be a she, that's fine too, as long as Pickle is healthy.

Hey Babytots :flower:

I was 100% convinced that this baby was a girl, so much that I was actually a little let-down to find out she was a HE! :dohh: So I no longer trust my "gender instinct", not that I've had much success in the past, either, though. :winkwink:

I was wrong with DS, and will probably be wrong with this one. I think it is just because I want a girl so badly that I convince myself it is. But I won't be disappointed either way. Just want LO to be happy and healthy :)

I KNEW my first was a boy... erm nope. Then I was almost sure this one was a girl...wrong again. I have literally zero maternal intuition lol :)

both my husband and I were completely wrong. We thought for sure it would be a girl and even at my 18 week ultrasound the tech said girl (she didn't get a potty shot and thought the umbilical cord was 3 lines) so we were shocked when my actual ultrasound tech at the OB office said it was a boy. I was a bit disappointed but I love him so much already and girl or boy didn't change that.
I get a little bummed when looking at baby stuff and I see cute girl things because the theme for a little girl was going to be owls and I know when we have another baby, they won't have the owl stuff like they do now if it ends up being a girl.

I am super excited though for my LO, I can't wait for him to get here. :)

Yep always lol never been wrong I knew Harry was a boy I knew this one was a girl

Emma

Thanks for all the replies. Like you Amanda I can't trust my judgement as I have wanted another girl since we decided to ttc again and I keep telling myself its going to be a boy but my heart says different. I need to stop myself looking at baby things til we get to the 20 week scan lol. x

I'm curious to see daddy's intuition! I honest have no idea, all my family is guessing boy but DH says he's known its a girl from the start. So we'll be finding out Sunday :)

Love reading your stories ladies over your own thoughts!

My instinct has been spot on with each pregnancy. I knew every time it was expecting girls.

This time even though all my cravings and symptoms pointed to baby being a boy, I just knew I was having another girl, and I am!

X

I had a dream while pregnant with dd2 and in the dream it was a girl about 5 months old. And when she was born, girl, and looked just like she did in my dream. Ive had two dreams that this one is a girl too. We will see on the 13th...

I knew girl from the moment I found out. Husband thought not but I just lnew

I had a dream while pregnant with dd2 and in the dream it was a girl about 5 months old. And when she was born, girl, and looked just like she did in my dream. Ive had two dreams that this one is a girl too. We will see on the 13th...

Its funny I had a dream that we were told I was having a boy, then it like flashed to a newborn with lots of dark brown hair and big blue eyes.
So we'll see if he looks the way he did in my dream x)

My mom even had a dream we were having a boy lol

This is my first pregnancy and I had already dreamed about girls. But as soon as I found out I was pregnant I had a feeling I was carrying a boy and the gender was confirmed weeks later.

I knew completely and referred to baby as a him. Was confirmed at 16 weeks.

I don't find out for another few weeks but I'm convinced we are having a girl, all the old wives tales point towards a girl too. OH thinks we're having a boy...we'll see who's right soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->