Mourning election results

And Trump`s "Grab em by the pussy"? Bill Clinton was accused. Trump out and out brags and jokes about sexually assaulting women. Oh, and let's not forget Trump saying his accusers are "too ugly" for him to assault.

Trump was endorsed by the KKK. The KKK!

Great business man Trump has filed bankruptcy four times.

And yeah, you'll probably get your wish. He'll elect a conservative to the Supreme Court, and they along with the Republican House and Senate will cut funding that helps families, and limit access to safe, affordable birth control ensuring more abortions are performed every year. And if you think overturning Roe v Wade will stop that, then you have no idea about history or what goes on in other countries where it is currently illegal.

Hilary Clinton was a fine candidate with sound, sane ideas on how to run the US. Instead, we now have a megalomaniac in charge who has access to nuclear weapons.

Innappropriate jokes, sure. But nothing was proved. I was too young to know the details of the actual convictions of Bill Clinton (if any) but I do remember "IMPEACHED" across the front page of my local paper. His hometown is less than an hour drive from me, so it was a big deal in our state especially. And also, not saying there is a different standard, but I feel that Bill used his position of power in the white house to obtain sexual relations. There is a difference, btw, in actually receiving oral s*x in the oval office and "grabbing". One is assault, one is rape (if position of power was used to coerce it). As a victim of sexual assault that was borderline rape, I know the difference.

Trump did not accept, publicly did not accept, the endorsement of the KKK. The crazies can say anything they want, doesn't mean the candidate agrees with them.

You don't always get it right in business. I know it's not the same, but I have had to file for personal bankruptcy. Does that make me any less of a person? So he had a business or two fail before he got it right, does it make him less of a businessman for picking up the pieces and keeping on trying?

Personally I feel if people want to have casual, recreational sex, they should pay for their own "protection". The ability to have careless, commitment free sex is not a right that I feel I should have to subsidize with my tax dollars. And I don't feel being irresponsible about using protection entitles you to kill the unborn child. What Hillary proposes is one breath away from infanticide. Literally one breath of air.

And personally, I'm not finding any of this "funding to help families" under Obama, the previously mentioned bankruptcy? The birth of our second child meant we could no longer pay our bills. We were to the point of filing bankruptcy, but we still did not qualify for any of this "funding to help families". We are currently living with my in-laws and selling my house, because we kept our car and the roof over our heads in the bankruptcy, and we can't afford our mortgage and utilities. But when I call and ask for assistance from all these great programs that everyone is afraid Trump will cut? No, I make about $150 too much each month to even get assistance with groceries.

Because of Obamacare (which I will be so glad when Trump fixes) my insurance premiums have skyrocketed, along with my copays. I pay for insurance each month, but I can't afford the premiums to even see a doctor for things that are currently bothering me. Why do I even pay for insurance when it doesn't cover anything and I can't afford the copays? I have peroneal tendonathopy in both ankles. Without treatment, my tendons could degenerate beyond repair. My husband has to be on a CPAP due to sleep apnea, we haven't been able to pay the bill we got last month for that. We are literally living paycheck to paycheck, getting (family) assistance with groceries, and we still can't afford our medical care. Obamacare sucks. But remember, we make too much money to get any "help for families". That is a joke.

So you want to tell me how great life is under Obama's policies, which Hillary would support and continue? At least Trump will do something different, or at least I hope.

Misspriss, I hope you understand that by electing him your life is going to get much worse. Republicans have a proven track record of cutting funding for human services such as assistance to the poor (such as food stamps, Medicaid etc), and cutting vital services to the elderly and disabled. You can't blame Obama for your poor financial situation, people need to take responsibility for their own actions instead of putting the blame on the government.

Misspriss, I hope you understand that by electing him your life is going to get much worse. Republicans have a proven track record of cutting funding for human services such as assistance to the poor (such as food stamps, Medicaid etc), and cutting vital services to the elderly and disabled. You can't blame Obama for your poor financial situation, people need to take responsibility for their own actions instead of putting the blame on the government.

You don't get it. My life will not change, as I don't receive assistance such as food stamps or medicaid. I feel a little crappy saying it, but my sisters husband is on disability and makes nearly what we do while sitting at home smoking weed, I wouldn't mind to see it cut if that is where it goes. Yes, he has trouble working - but he CAN WORK. He gets free medical care (on taxpayers dime), free income (which he spends on weed). I used to think it was meager, to live on disability. Until I found out what they actually make. So yes, I do think those programs are being abused.

I am merely pointing out that these "vital services" you claim will be cut, are a JOKE already.

Yes, my poor financial situation. I grew up poor. I went to college and grad school on scholarship, no student loans. My husband was the first in his family to graduate college (his parents pay his loans, so they do not add to our burden). We bought a starter home, which we were told we could afford. We simply pay utilities, put food on the table and we do have a car payment.

I blame Obama for my rising medical insurance premiums, my increasing deductibles, and my rising deductibles. I was not blaming him for my financial situation, but pointing out that even someone who ended up in a poor financial position, with a family, employed, could not get this so called "assistance", so I'm not worried about it being cut, I'm trying to say what a joke it already is.

My biggest "this shouldn't be this way" complaint right now is that I can't afford medical care that I need. My husband is getting medical care he needs, but it is costing us more than we can pay. We have insurance, we pay the premiums. The AFFORDABLE CARE ACT was supposed to FIX healthcare, not make it worse. The "affordable" care act was supposed to make healthcare affordable. And for myself, the act has actually made healthcare UNAFFORDABLE.

people need to take responsibility for their own actions instead of putting the blame on the government.

I couldn't agree more, people need to take responsibility for their own sexual endeavors and quit putting the blame on the government for not "protecting" them from the natural result of such endeavors, nor should they ask the government to pay to "clean up" when they fail to take responsibility.

It is the attitude of what can it serve me is why this world stinks in the first place. I find it galling that the "richest" country in the world often has gofundme pages to pay medical bills.

It isnt Obamas fault. Its the greedy fatcats of the medical companies and insurance companies. People will starve under trump but its okay because most of them are "lazy"

For the first time in a while I'm proud to be British. I am proud I live in a country that was shocked by what Trump was saying in the campaign, I am proud that 99% of the British people I've spoken to (even my most right wing of friends) are appalled by Trunp, I'm proud to be certain in the knowledge had Trump been running in this country he would have been made to step down months ago because there is NO WAY IN HELL British politicians would be allowed to say the things he said in private let alone public and still be allowed to stand and represent us. I'm proud we have a female prime minister, even if she is a douche, at least gender politics has much less impact on our politics vs the states. I'm proud of our right to choose what to do with our bodies, that religion doesn't come into politics, that we have the NHS. Are we perfect, God no, I was devastated by Brexit but yesterday was a wake up call for me to remember to appreciate my country. I'm so sorry to all those who didn't vote Trump, this wasn't a "normal" election, I would be devastated to be American today.

For the first time in a while I'm proud to be British. I am proud I live in a country that was shocked by what Trump was saying in the campaign, I am proud that 99% of the British people I've spoken to (even my most right wing of friends) are appalled by Trunp, I'm proud to be certain in the knowledge had Trump been running in this country he would have been made to step down months ago because there is NO WAY IN HELL British politicians would be allowed to say the things he said in private let alone public and still be allowed to stand and represent us. I'm proud we have a female prime minister, even if she is a douche, at least gender politics has much less impact on our politics vs the states. I'm proud of our right to choose what to do with our bodies, that religion doesn't come into politics, that we have the NHS. Are we perfect, God no, I was devastated by Brexit but yesterday was a wake up call for me to remember to appreciate my country. I'm so sorry to all those who didn't vote Trump, this wasn't a "normal" election, I would be devastated to be American today.

I agree all I saw was people being so shocked with the result.

:thumbup:

I agree all I saw was people being so shocked with the result.

Even folks outside of the US can see what a huge mistake was made. :nope:

You don't get it. My life will not change, as I don't receive assistance such as food stamps or medicaid. I feel a little crappy saying it, but my sisters husband is on disability and makes nearly what we do while sitting at home smoking weed, I wouldn't mind to see it cut if that is where it goes. Yes, he has trouble working - but he CAN WORK. He gets free medical care (on taxpayers dime), free income (which he spends on weed). I used to think it was meager, to live on disability. Until I found out what they actually make. So yes, I do think those programs are being abused.

I am merely pointing out that these "vital services" you claim will be cut, are a JOKE already.

Yes, my poor financial situation. I grew up poor. I went to college and grad school on scholarship, no student loans. My husband was the first in his family to graduate college (his parents pay his loans, so they do not add to our burden). We bought a starter home, which we were told we could afford. We simply pay utilities, put food on the table and we do have a car payment.

I blame Obama for my rising medical insurance premiums, my increasing deductibles, and my rising deductibles. I was not blaming him for my financial situation, but pointing out that even someone who ended up in a poor financial position, with a family, employed, could not get this so called "assistance", so I'm not worried about it being cut, I'm trying to say what a joke it already is.

My biggest "this shouldn't be this way" complaint right now is that I can't afford medical care that I need. My husband is getting medical care he needs, but it is costing us more than we can pay. We have insurance, we pay the premiums. The AFFORDABLE CARE ACT was supposed to FIX healthcare, not make it worse. The "affordable" care act was supposed to make healthcare affordable. And for myself, the act has actually made healthcare UNAFFORDABLE.

people need to take responsibility for their own actions instead of putting the blame on the government.

I couldn't agree more, people need to take responsibility for their own sexual endeavors and quit putting the blame on the government for not "protecting" them from the natural result of such endeavors, nor should they ask the government to pay to "clean up" when they fail to take responsibility.

NOWHERE in your post did I read you were putting blame on the Government..LOL. Some people read what they want to read..I agree with you, Trump was not my pick, but Hillary was not for sure..She let our soldiers die in a terrible situation, countless lies, countless and so on.. I think we all have to make the best of this, pray that Trump does the right thing..He has responsible advisers who he needs to listen to ..I was NOT happy Obama got in, but I didn't go out there and protest, I made the best of it, while my co pays went up and everything else he did.. I did grow to like Obama, just don't like his policies.. We just have to make the best out of it...

Well, I went into the election knowing I'd be shocked and disgusted no matter what the result was, since they are both horrific choices. I honestly cannot imagine what it would be like with EITHER of them, I feel so strongly against them both. I voted third party. I know people say its throwing your vote away, but I don't care. There was no way I could support either of those fools.

Having said that, the president doesn't make all these decisions all by him/herself. There's an entire Senate and House of Reps who are also involved, and I think people put a lot more credit to the president than is necessarily just their fault. A lot of people were involved in all these horrific decisions over the past several years, not just one, and I'm hoping with a change up of many of those people across the board that some positive change will happen.

Well said, jd83.

I was sad about the election results. I'd have been sad the other way too. I voted third party as I could not in good conscience vote for either of them.

I know other countries are shocked by the results. There's no doubt Hillary is a skilled politician, but that's the problem. There's distrust of our government, many see it as corrupt and self-serving. I know of people who voted Trump because of the perception that he is not a politician. I know of Bernie supporters who voted Trump because they believe their candidate was cheated in the primaries.

I take comfort in the fact that America is defined by her people, not her President, and in 4 years, we'll have another election.

Not American but frankly I'm disgusted by the result :nope:

A sexist, racist man who gets through by instilling fear and intolerance of others and the only way you're safe under his reign is through being a rich, white man.

How on earth have we gone from Obama to him? It's like being catapulted to the 1930s.

Not American....I was gobsmacked by the results.

I will have to admit, neither candidate were a good choice imo. The best analogy I saw (this is coming from a Brit who hasn't been following the campaigns religiously) was like choosing between Voldemort or Umbridge....I honestly can't understand how in gods name, with the population of the USA, were Clinton & Trump the best candidates?!

This.
Ludacris.

I will have to admit, neither candidate were a good choice imo. The best analogy I saw (this is coming from a Brit who hasn't been following the campaigns religiously) was like choosing between Voldemort or Umbridge....I honestly can't understand how in gods name, with the population of the USA, were Clinton & Trump the best candidates?!

This is what angers me, if it were the UK could you imagine a politician getting away with the stuff Trump came out with or what was released about him? There's no way anyone in our political system could get away with that (rightly so!!) so that would have enabled a better candidate to replace him, he shouldn't have got this far, I'm disgusted he was allowed to continue running, and appalled people voted for him. I love that meme about Clinton and Trump and how on reflection we were a bit harsh about Ed Milliband and the bacon sandwich hahaha.

And Trump`s "Grab em by the pussy"? Bill Clinton was accused. Trump out and out brags and jokes about sexually assaulting women. Oh, and let's not forget Trump saying his accusers are "too ugly" for him to assault.

Trump was endorsed by the KKK. The KKK!

Great business man Trump has filed bankruptcy four times.

And yeah, you'll probably get your wish. He'll elect a conservative to the Supreme Court, and they along with the Republican House and Senate will cut funding that helps families, and limit access to safe, affordable birth control ensuring more abortions are performed every year. And if you think overturning Roe v Wade will stop that, then you have no idea about history or what goes on in other countries where it is currently illegal.

Hilary Clinton was a fine candidate with sound, sane ideas on how to run the US. Instead, we now have a megalomaniac in charge who has access to nuclear weapons.

Innappropriate jokes, sure. But nothing was proved. I was too young to know the details of the actual convictions of Bill Clinton (if any) but I do remember "IMPEACHED" across the front page of my local paper. His hometown is less than an hour drive from me, so it was a big deal in our state especially. And also, not saying there is a different standard, but I feel that Bill used his position of power in the white house to obtain sexual relations. There is a difference, btw, in actually receiving oral s*x in the oval office and "grabbing". One is assault, one is rape (if position of power was used to coerce it). As a victim of sexual assault that was borderline rape, I know the difference.

Trump did not accept, publicly did not accept, the endorsement of the KKK. The crazies can say anything they want, doesn't mean the candidate agrees with them.

You don't always get it right in business. I know it's not the same, but I have had to file for personal bankruptcy. Does that make me any less of a person? So he had a business or two fail before he got it right, does it make him less of a businessman for picking up the pieces and keeping on trying?

Personally I feel if people want to have casual, recreational sex, they should pay for their own "protection". The ability to have careless, commitment free sex is not a right that I feel I should have to subsidize with my tax dollars. And I don't feel being irresponsible about using protection entitles you to kill the unborn child. What Hillary proposes is one breath away from infanticide. Literally one breath of air.

And personally, I'm not finding any of this "funding to help families" under Obama, the previously mentioned bankruptcy? The birth of our second child meant we could no longer pay our bills. We were to the point of filing bankruptcy, but we still did not qualify for any of this "funding to help families". We are currently living with my in-laws and selling my house, because we kept our car and the roof over our heads in the bankruptcy, and we can't afford our mortgage and utilities. But when I call and ask for assistance from all these great programs that everyone is afraid Trump will cut? No, I make about $150 too much each month to even get assistance with groceries.

Because of Obamacare (which I will be so glad when Trump fixes) my insurance premiums have skyrocketed, along with my copays. I pay for insurance each month, but I can't afford the premiums to even see a doctor for things that are currently bothering me. Why do I even pay for insurance when it doesn't cover anything and I can't afford the copays? I have peroneal tendonathopy in both ankles. Without treatment, my tendons could degenerate beyond repair. My husband has to be on a CPAP due to sleep apnea, we haven't been able to pay the bill we got last month for that. We are literally living paycheck to paycheck, getting (family) assistance with groceries, and we still can't afford our medical care. Obamacare sucks. But remember, we make too much money to get any "help for families". That is a joke.

So you want to tell me how great life is under Obama's policies, which Hillary would support and continue? At least Trump will do something different, or at least I hope.

This is in reference to your last sentence as much as anything - what exactly do you think that Trump is going to do to help you? The man lives in a golden bubble and has no idea what you and other ordinary Americans are going through. He is going to give tax breaks to the rich. The establishment that so many Americans are sick of (that the Clintons are part of) are exactly the ones who are going to benefit from a Trump presidency and you're not going to see any of that. Sure, he might repeal Obamacare, but do you think he really cares about making sure every American has access to healthcare? He's not about to overturn the userpays system that is shafting the average American.

What he campaigned on was a bunch of empty rhetoric - he's going to make America great again, apparently. But how? He's certainly triggered the sense of honour in a lot of people by insinuating that America is not currently 'great' which has driven people to jump on his bandwagon. But what are his actual policies? He's not going to be able to bring back manufacturing jobs to the rust belt states which flipped and voted for him, that ship sailed long ago in the 90's when globalisation first became a 'thing'. He's threatening to tear up trade deals and impose tariffs, which is not going to bring back jobs, it's going to make life a little bit more expensive across the board for the average American. America will see a recession while it sits in a Trump imposed protectionist bubble.

I hear that you dislike Clinton and what you believe she stood for (I'm not going to get into the abortion thing and how you think she's guilty by association because of her husband's behaviour whilst in office), but, really, Trump is not the answer.

I've been struck today watching the footage of him meeting with Obama, etc, and seeing how uncomfortable he looks. He is absolutely out of his league. I kind of feel like he thought running for president would be this fun 'lark' and now he's been elected he's absolutely going 'f*ck f*ck f*ck' inside his mind.

Yes, I'm a New Zealander, it's just my opinion from a land very far away, but like the rest of the world we are absolutely shocked and appalled that America elected Trump. I haven't even talked about his misogyny, homophobia, islamaphobia, xenophobia, etc, etc, etc... Ugh.

Ah well, here's hoping it's not going to be as bad as we think. :)

This is what angers me, if it were the UK could you imagine a politician getting away with the stuff Trump came out with or what was released about him? There's no way anyone in our political system could get away with that (rightly so!!) so that would have enabled a better candidate to replace him, he shouldn't have got this far, I'm disgusted he was allowed to continue running, and appalled people voted for him. I love that meme about Clinton and Trump and how on reflection we were a bit harsh about Ed Milliband and the bacon sandwich hahaha.

Well, let's face it, when the tories entire campaign was 'Ed can't eat bacon sarnie properly' (christ, they haven't seen me inhale one!) & they still get into power...I'm not sure 'we' can say much about the USA candidates.....lol!

At least, we as Brits can breath a sigh of relief, since the $ is apparently going to plummet so oil/petrol/diesel will be cheaper...silver linings and all that.

I honestly can't understand how in gods name, with the population of the USA, were Clinton & Trump the best candidates?!

Because, unfortunately, American elections are often won with money and connections.

I hear that you dislike Clinton and what you believe she stood for (I'm not going to get into the abortion thing and how you think she's guilty by association because of her husband's behaviour whilst in office), but, really, Trump is not the answer...Ah well, here's hoping it's not going to be as bad as we think. :)

Sure, don't address the issues. There were not any other options, it was Clinton or Trump. No one else had a ice cube's chance in hell of winning. Yes, I don't like Clinton, and you are incorrect, Trump was the ONLY other viable option.

Like someone else I heard say, Trump has actually not done anything yet - we shouldn't be judging his presidency already. It's a clean slate, a fresh page.

Perhaps he will appoint a wise cabinet and surround himself with people with the experience and qualities that he lacks, like a smart business person, who expects to be successful. Maybe everyone who's crying woe will be pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->